AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
peter-lothian
peter-lothian
@peter-lothian
Member Founder
Joined: December 2, 2011 11:32 am
Last seen: October 3, 2026 2:43 pm
Topics: 66 / Replies: 1192
Reply
RE: Another Static check

Who or what is RTX? Why send or process your data through it if it only spits out ITRF2020 coordinates?

4 days ago
Reply
RE: Washington will let you sit for the PS before you have the years

For me, I don't think that taking the P & P exam earlier would have been an advantage. I am skilled at sitting for tests. If I have the knowledge,...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: A headhunter called me---ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

It's baffling why they don't want to haggle:  

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Survey Proposal Quandary

I try to weed out the tire kickers on the phone and only write up a contract if they sound committed. Even so, I'm batting about 0.400 on signed contr...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Carlson website issues today?

IT fixed it. I believe it was a firewall issue. Hi Peter,www.carlsonsw.com has been permitted.Please try again and let me know.Thank you,Da...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Carlson website issues today?

Thanks for checking. I still can't get it up on my work computer but I can bring it up on my phone. I'm going to kick it over to my company IT people....

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: A headhunter called me---ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Last year I got an unsolicited phone call from a real estate guy asking if I would be interested in selling my house. I said, "Sure, I'll sell it for ...

2 weeks ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 816
Reply
RE: Still there…

I worked one summer (1988, I think) with a guy who told me he had been to Greenland for glacier studies. Set up a GPS unit to collect data for a few h...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: A first look at Surveying Resources (still under construction)

My first suggestion is to alphabetize the page links, rather than numbering them. It will make it a lot easier to find a specific resource that one is...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Now I really want one

The original manufacturer went out of business some years ago. I think there was a hostile takeover and the company assets were sold off.  

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

True, but in the more urban and suburban environments where utility installations could be an issue, the lots are usually much smaller than the agricu...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Thence south 00 degrees 38 minutes 52 seconds east, 1284.36 feet along a fence

Fortunately, in stone wall country, the gnomes don't do this. They dictate that the surveyor provide and certify the offset measurements for checking ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Rabbit Hole and Survey Monument

The government black-ops guys disguised themselves as private surveyors and set a private-looking monument to guide future conspiracy theorists to the...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

Ditto. It amazes me to receive CAD files from other surveyors that don't have separate layers for the record info vs. final boundary determination. ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's talk about it: RPLS going member-supported. 💬

Either that, or you have some underworld partners you haven't told us about?  

2 months ago
Page 1 / 63