AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
peter-lothian
peter-lothian
@peter-lothian
Member Founder
Joined: December 2, 2011 11:32 am
Last seen: October 3, 2026 2:43 pm
Topics: 66 / Replies: 1192
Reply
RE: Let's talk about it: RPLS going member-supported. 💬

A funny thing happened after I submitted my credit card payment for membership. Our card issuing bank called my wife with a fraud alert within about 3...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: NOAA's Vdatum online Transformation tool is down

Update: I discovered that Carlson Survey has the capability to transform coordinates between NAD83 and NAD27. Huzzah! Then I discovered that while t...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

What's the problem with "Tract 7-A on Plan _____" for a description? It's working for their current deeds.

3 months ago
Topic
Topic
3 months ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1768
Reply
RE: 0.004

I have found in Carlson Survey that the Crandall Polyline Adjustment compensates for a small misclosure when running in record plans in a useful way. ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Numbers

Wonko the Sane approves of this message. The BBC series was way better than those movies.  

4 months ago
Reply
RE: What was posted this date in 1996 '97.. on rpls.com?

I don't think Wendell has access to that database. The original RPLS.com was acquired by the big media company that owned POB magazine. Wendell acquir...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

That is astounding. It makes me wonder how they could have blown the flood modelling so badly. I know the models are not perfect, but I would expect t...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

Perhaps they did not ignore the new data. They might have determined that these floods resulted from a longer-period storm than the 100-year storm tha...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Question for FEMA gurus.

For the record, I'm not a FEMA guru. With that written, I have had some limited experience in this area: FEMA will not accept the "platted" flood pl...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certificate

The Elevation Certificate only serves to prove the building elements are at particular heights relative to the flood elevation. It is used to determin...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Title Insurance Claim?

Title insurance usually contains a survey exception: excluding claims based on facts that would have been revealed by an accurate survey. The NSPS/ALT...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: JR/SR rights?

The lack of wording to the effect of "...being the same premises as described in the deed dated _ recorded at _..." suggests an intent to create new b...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: JR/SR rights?

Did the executor/trustee intend to convey the same three parcels that the wife and husband originally owned, or did he intend to create three new parc...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Educating clients, adjoiners and nosy neighbors about changes in surveying

When I was a young guy working summers on the field crew in seacoast NH, I was very tempted to say, but managed to keep my mouth shut, while swinging ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Educating clients, adjoiners and nosy neighbors about changes in surveying

That has been my SOP all my time in the field. Our field crews are instructed to direct all questions to the office. Smile, say "I'm not sure what thi...

5 months ago
Page 2 / 63