AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: 2d in Civil3d

Mark Mayer, post: 399533, member: 424 wrote: I'm familiar with Sincpac and what it can do. I'd just rather not add that overhead. I'll check out the L...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D and Ground Distances

Joe the Surveyor, post: 400729, member: 118 wrote: Mostly off topic with this, but just as an FYI, C3D usually defaults to international foot and not ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D and Ground Distances

not my real name, post: 400772, member: 8199 wrote: Does Civil 3D have Transformation Settings like Land Desk Top (LDT)? I would make a transformation...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D and Ground Distances

Sounds like a tricky setup. While we only have 1 municipality in our area that requires a GIS type deliverable we always send them our data and suppl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Subdivision plat creates gap

Where were the monuments found? That would certainly indicate the intent. How does the platted external boundary description read? Is there reference...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a thinking cap on model space drafting for surveying

Jim in AZ, post: 399176, member: 249 wrote: Because the script file we wrote circa 1988 to plot multiple sheets operates with multiple drawing files a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a thinking cap on model space drafting for surveying

Jim in AZ, post: 399160, member: 249 wrote: I create separate drawings for each sheet - SHEET 1.dwg, SHEET 2.dwg, SHEET 3.dwg, etc.These drawings cont...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a thinking cap on model space drafting for surveying

Dan Patterson, post: 399092, member: 1179 wrote: I'm not trying to say you don't know what you're doing or anything like that. It sounds like you hav...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for a thinking cap on model space drafting for surveying

Squirltech, post: 399025, member: 11959 wrote: Use Layout/Paper space....it will save you time AND $$$.My thought is to embrace it because it's not go...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Microstation dgn support.

StLSurveyor, post: 396605, member: 7070 wrote: Also be aware, other softwares will export to a .dgn format, but that is not native and clients know t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Realtors asking for copies of surveys...

I have maybe had this question asked of me a handful of times over the past 15 years. This is one of the benefites of working in recording states wit...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A tip for you young fellows

We interviewed a young lady once that brought he well-to-do-Texas-Oilman-father to the interview. By the time the interview was done we kindly told h...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: what's your take?

Around here all easemens are shown on the subdivision, with reference to the original source. All of which is suppplied to the approving agency. Not...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: what's your take?

Mark Mayer, post: 387175, member: 424 wrote: In my area a subdivision plat submittal must be accompanied by a "subdivision guarantee" from a title com...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: what's your take?

flyin solo, post: 387117, member: 8089 wrote: comment from city reviewer for subdivision plat approval:"provide a list of beneficiaries of all existin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Washington State Reference Network

AverageJoe, post: 381942, member: 8747 wrote: Hey all: I am doing some field work in Northwest Idaho where the ID doesn's have an RTK network.Washingt...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Curve description -- seemingly simple question

I really hate it when municipalities tell me how to write descriptions. I especially hate it when municipalities expect you to write descriptions a c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New Ga Recording Law

Any monument I set in the ground gets a recorded survey. I really don't know how some in the profession considers recording maps documenting what you...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Rim & Inverts

We use a pipe mic dip sheet (not to occassionly be confused the the actual person conducting the work) which has clear input for all pertinent data. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Pincushion

While not quite as exciting as a West Texas Pincusion.....here is today's Eastern WA pincushion.

10 years ago
Page 33 / 51