AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Pricing: labor and/or liability

Lump sum is my preferred method. How you get to your sum is up to you. I certainly wouldn't be determining my sum for a project like that based stri...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Different State License Difficulties.

The ID test is a joke IMO....or at least it was back in the day. It was essentially a take home test that you had proctored by an approved LS. This ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Paper Surveys

What you have described isn't even a survey and would definitely not fly around these parts. We do replats but they are basically just plats of existi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Average Work Day

It's really all about where you work. 100k in san francisco won't get you much. 100k in central WA and you live like a king...well not quite, but you...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Google Earth, DEM's and elevations

I wouldn't use Google Earth elevations for anything more than a general reference. I have seen them be fairly accurate from a general elevation stand...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Mortgage Surveys

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 408683, member: 6939 wrote: I've heard out west that Mortgage surveys are a rarity. Anybody know why? Also, in British Columbi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Mark Mayer, post: 407620, member: 424 wrote: That is why I said way back at the beginning that C3d is not survey software.It's definitely not the comp...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do now....

Sounds like you better get Surveyor A back in the picture.I could not imagine a scenario where I would ever record another surveyors survey. Who se...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Jim Frame, post: 406627, member: 10 wrote: If you don't trust the 3DFACES, why would you trust the points and breaklines used to generate them?I am ju...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 406546, member: 6939 wrote: The breaklines are just used to help build the surface. Once the surface is built, why do you need...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Mark Mayer, post: 406430, member: 424 wrote: Transfer of surfaces between CAD platforms using xml is about 99.9% accurate. There will be the occasiona...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 406302, member: 6939 wrote: This may be one of the changes made from the original Civil3D version that I demoed. In that versi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

flyin solo, post: 406286, member: 8089 wrote: i've revised, updated and added to topo plenty, and never had a problem with info to the engineers. pro...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 406244, member: 6939 wrote: This morning, I noticed a job posting from a local survey looking for a Civil3D drafting tech. It ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Should a Surveyor Use Civil3D?

It does everything we need it to do such as field to finish automatic linework and breaklines, stores all my survey data in a easy to find and track s...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: C3D - point to point inverse

Randy Rain, post: 405207, member: 35 wrote: And yet another way...........I'll assume that you are wanting to compare calculated boundary to measured ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Christmas bonuses

Depends on the company and the company management style and profitability. My first 15 years we got no bonus at all, this was a small less than 10 pe...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Flood Certificate

We do about 3-4 a year and have never done one for less than $2,000, some have been double that. Do not sell yourself short on the fee. I used to ge...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Draft in 3D?

We prepare our topo maps in 3D. I didn't like it at first but have gotten used to it over the years and must say I know like it.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Indexing your job files

Index cards? That is old school, but obviously works and sometimes you just have to do what works and what you know.We just use excel and document eac...

10 years ago
Page 32 / 51