AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Ring Ring with a twist

No contract = no work gets done at all. Always good words to conduct business by...especially with new clients.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors have screwed up another industry

Jim in AZ, post: 376427, member: 249 wrote: Our fees for all projects are lump sum (the only way to really make money) with an hourly rate for additio...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: platting

Around here there is no 'checking of the pins" by the county surveyor or city engineer or any other municipality. The fact that you signed and sealed...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Responsible charge

We simply do not stake other firms data. Two factors are involved in that decision: 1) staking for others is typically a process that involves biddin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK

Kris Morgan, post: 372965, member: 29 wrote: On Small Jobs, bring your control in with VRS, then adjust it and make it work, then leave the GPS in the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Shortest course ever

I am actually working on a parcel combination that has a 0.11 foot call and it is 100% legit due to the way the deeds were written and the way the pro...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Who's Responsibility

If it's your PLS stamp on the document you should be responsible for correcting any errors contained within. The company should have the responsibili...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Killed By I-95 Driver Who Tried Passing Slower Traffic

Condolesnces to the family and friends. How or why was he even there in the first place? We do not even set foot on the Intersate in our area without...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Charging for CAD files

Totalsurv, post: 370730, member: 8202 wrote: I understand what you are saying but from my point of view I would need to know who is using my control, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Charging for CAD files

Kimberly Saxton, post: 366894, member: 11531 wrote: Hello I wanted to get other's take on charging for CAD files. We are constantly burden by 3rd par...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Company/Department Structure

I manage anywhere from 2-4 crews depending on the season and workload. Our large staff of engineers runs everything and anything to do through me from...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d Points

Why not just send them the points? You are sending them the 'topo' and points are part of the topo. You need to have a proper electronic transfer agr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Valuing a Survey Business

hlbennettpls, post: 370065, member: 10049 wrote: Got offered to buy a small "mom & pop" surveying firm that's been established for 30+ years. Ver...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: DWG to KML

Dan Patterson, post: 369987, member: 1179 wrote: I got everything to work. I just didn't know the export commands. Usually I am bringing stuff into ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble TBC 3.61

Win 10 here and have had no installation/use issues with any version of TBC, 3.6+ up through the current 3.70.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Field work completed - Survey signed

dmyhill, post: 364570, member: 1137 wrote: ..... This is particularly common with plats where there is a Master Plat, with subsequent phases over the ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: No Benchmarks

Jim in AZ, post: 362864, member: 249 wrote: "Ask the original surveyor." The original surveyor states that "providing the control is not part of their...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: No Benchmarks

Jim in AZ, post: 362865, member: 249 wrote: "For DOT work we will definitely set concreted control points 1/2 mile of more outside of the project limi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: No Benchmarks

alphasurv, post: 362681, member: 1652 wrote: I don't release anything to machine guidance contractors. We don't either unless it is specifically ide...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: No Benchmarks

For our own work(work that we survey, design and stake) I never show benchmarks or control. Survey monuments are required to be shown, and are. We al...

11 years ago
Page 34 / 51