AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
paul-d
paul-d
@paul-d
Free
Joined: July 7, 2010 2:12 pm
Last seen: November 21, 2025 9:02 am
Topics: 23 / Replies: 465
Reply
RE: Houston area Elevation Certificates

What I have heard is that this is a 1000 year event. So, no update needed, but lots of flooding for properties not in a SFHA.....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: My 2 Cents On Labor Shortage

TXSurveyor, post: 442841, member: 6719 wrote: Main problem companies don't pay there employees enough. Next is demanding supervisor pay and work ethi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Advertising at High School games

A Harris, post: 442827, member: 81 wrote: [USER=323]@Paul D[/USER] Understand that this type of advertising is a good thing, however it does not reach...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Advertising at High School games

A Harris, post: 442791, member: 81 wrote: Any local endorsements and advertising is great for your showing support for your local groups and schools.I...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: My 2 Cents On Labor Shortage

Big shortage of good help here as well. We need people, but good ones you can trust are few and far between. Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9 years ago
Reply
RE: FLAT EARTH SURVEYOR, seriously?

Prior to being licensed I was always very deliberate to say that worked in land surveying, NEVER that I was a surveyor. Semantics for some, but for me...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

Bill93, post: 440394, member: 87 wrote: Well, this question ought to generate a long list of replies. Maybe no one dares to start the flood? This f...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: No BFE...now what?

James, that is also my understanding. Just like any other insurance requirement they may have, it is the lender's prerogative.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: No BFE...now what?

Chris Bouffard, post: 440246, member: 12313 wrote: That would have required a stream study. I fought it till I was blue in the face but nobody wanted...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson question

You don't necessarily need layer states per say, you just need to freeze layers in the current vp. Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 10 acre ALTA with topo

How I long for your wide open spaces. Here, a quarter acre site plan is easily a day in the field. A vacant 10 acres, two days just in field work for ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I

Remarkably, I have had two projects in the last two weeks where former owners of adjacent parcels conveyed, by description, the wrong piece of land. T...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Brand X survey monuments

As I remind my field guys of often (and sometimes the engineers) integrity is what you do when no one is watching...Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapata...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: No BFE...now what?

What frozen north said is correct. Fill out an EC as normal, produce a cover letter stating that you have checked for alternative sources for a BFE, b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting Started with TIN's

I think that any truly good gatherer of locations in the field for production of a TIN must have done the processing work in the office at some time. ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA pricing...

I understand, different strokes for different folks, etc. As a side note, when my sister received a proposal for a boundary survey in Michigan, I was ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA pricing...

Holy Cow, post: 437886, member: 50 wrote: That holds true if your standard run-of-the-mill survey shows all improvements anyway. In other parts of t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CARLSON 2017 w/ INTELLICAD TEXTMASK/WIPEOUT

Sorry, can't help you there. I use mtext for everything.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CARLSON 2017 w/ INTELLICAD TEXTMASK/WIPEOUT

We use Carlson with ACAD, so don't know if it will work for you, but do you have "background mask" in your properties box? If so, select it, choose ba...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CARLSON 2017 w/ INTELLICAD TEXTMASK/WIPEOUT

We use ACAD w/Carlson, so not sure if it will work for you but does your properties box have a "background mask" option?If so, select it, choose backg...

9 years ago
Page 4 / 25