AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
paul-d
paul-d
@paul-d
Free
Joined: July 7, 2010 2:12 pm
Last seen: November 21, 2025 9:02 am
Topics: 23 / Replies: 465
Reply
RE: OK for surveyor to not supply copy--> monument becomes not of record

The blaze is evidence of a line. If its triple blazed, a monument is likely nearby. Rarely are blazed trees the monument in these parts. More than lik...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation Certificate, Zone AO

Just place the flood depth in the BFE, let the adjusters sort it out. For the purposes of complying with FEMA requirements/local floodplain ordinances...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sending out dwg files

I send a stamped pdf of the plan, along with a wblock of what they need along with a standard license agreement as to the nature of their use. They do...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Condemnation

You know we love walls for boundaries in NE! Is the wall a "real" wall, or just a few stones?Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Boston Area Surveyors-LG Brackett & Co.

The plan I have says they were in Boston. But that was 1939, so who knows. MALSCE has provided me with some good info and I will keep hunting. Actuall...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Drawings altered by lawyers

Unfortunately, these types of "markups" are frequently accepted by the ZBA's around here. More worryingly, they also accept sketches drawn by homeowne...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 420
Reply
RE: Doing research the way it should be done

Here in my part of the world, one generally has to go back to pre Civil War to find a decent description. One recent survey had deeds that were clearl...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: County Surveyor

No, nh, maine and vermontSent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Fee vs. easement for VT town roads

From the VT Supreme Court (Livermore et al. v. Jamaica, 23 Vt. 361, 364-5 (1851)) ‰ÛÏtaking of land for a highway does not divest the owner of his tit...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed in which states

New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont. Work mainly in the seacoast of NH.Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks

Use MLEADER?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Rights of Access for Surveyors

There is no right of entry for surveyors in NH. When my guys go out and the land is posted I contact the landowner by mail prior to any work being don...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Factory

The notes I refer to are in my case from the DOT, and in the case of the other surveyor, all are welcome to do their own research in the archives. Sen...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Factory

In the past I have relied on old field notes for the position of long gone monuments, it was clearly noted on the face of the survey as well as detail...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting boundary issue

On its face the fence is the line. Period. Sounds like a judge decreed it. There is no gap, the judge has spoken.Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics is Hard

When I left my last place of employment, they told people asking for me that I was in the field and would get bsck to them. That was 6 months after I ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Different State License Difficulties.

Thanks for the input John, much appreciated.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Different State License Difficulties.

JOHN MACOLINI, post: 411507, member: 7340 wrote: Vermont was the easiest test - I think that all eight who sat that day passed.Mass was probably the t...

10 years ago
Page 5 / 25