AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Michael White
Michael White
@michael-white
Free
Joined: September 28, 2016 6:32 pm
Topics: 0 / Replies: 30
Reply
RE: Can't wait to retire

Lookinatchya, post: 455485, member: 7988 wrote: I recently completed my 60th trip around the sun and it seems like there may be light at the end of th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carry A Handgun?

I almost always carry. What I carry depends on where I'm working. Rural, Judge revolver with. 410 shells and 45 LC. Urban, 9mm semi-auto with at least...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Carry A Handgun?

BStrand, post: 454472, member: 13049 wrote: Maybe kind of an odd question but do any of you guys carry some sort of weapon with you when you're workin...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Most Unusual thing you have ever put on a plat

Hollandbriscoe, post: 453655, member: 9155 wrote: So what is the most unusual thing you have ever had to put on a plat. For me i am going have to say ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Really?

Jim in AZ, post: 453439, member: 249 wrote: I was just informed that a competitor has offered to perform an ALTA Survey for which I thought $12K was a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic total station

Trevor Ostermann, post: 453400, member: 13158 wrote: Anyone have suggestions on robotic total stations that work well with Carlson data collectors? We...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Advertising at High School games

Jawja, post: 442680, member: 12766 wrote: Thinking about advertising on banner at local high school. I have known surveyors for yrs who have done it....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 10 acre ALTA with topo

Tommy Young, post: 439029, member: 703 wrote: Right now the land is row crop. Flat and wide open. The boundary is rectangular.I turned in $5200. I'...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence companies

I do a lot of surveys for the 3 big fencing companies around here. I contacted them several years ago about the potential problems not having a surve...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why is it so difficult....

One more reason I quit doing any construction staking.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a bit of career advice

Not really a tough call at all. You will gain their reputation by proxy. Unless you're buying in as a the owner or controlling partner, you won't chan...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Need a bit of career advice

that1surveyor, post: 429025, member: 2169 wrote: I don't often post here, but do lurk often. I've found this to be a very valuable resource of knowled...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Long Pants or Not?

I'm fine with shorts. As long they still look decent. Personally, I prefer them. Sure you get some cuts and scratches. But if you feel something runn...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 9:30 AM Rant

Just 1 more reason I quit doing ANY staking.Don't need the headaches or liability.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ‰ÛÏI got a coordinate from google earth, and laid out my property line with my hand held GPS."

I cringe when the property owners want to follow me around. Never fails, if they follow and the survey goes quickly, they say I'm charging too much f...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi all

Welcome from Missouri.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi all

Doug Aaberg, post: 418300, member: 12564 wrote: I can't believe I just found and joined this group. Licensed in CO and MA where i now live. Hope to ha...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Autodesk does it again!

For what I do, Carlson has met my needs. Never had a problem with my clients using whatever I produce. 2d or 3d.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you bid a Topographic Survey?

Years back I ran the survey department with 6 field crews at a large engineering firm. More often that not, the survey budget was always cut by the e...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: R/W Monument gone wrong

Well at least it wasn't a high pressure gas line. Years back I was setting a DNA control station. 12"dia x 36" deep then filled with concrete. Crew gu...

10 years ago
Page 1 / 2