AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
lurker
lurker
@lurker
Member Founder
Joined: December 5, 2014 5:56 pm
Last seen: October 6, 2026 4:14 pm
Topics: 11 / Replies: 1163
Reply
RE: GNSS spec sheets

I missed the part where they are claiming that precision with a single epoch. I didn't see where the number of epochs where mentioned. I'm speculating...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Additive Constant

You can adjust all of your prism constants by 2.03mm but it won't change any reflectorless shots, assuming you're seeing the difference there also.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS14 backup battery.

I couldn't find mention of any power source/battery other than those used for normal operation in this manual. Perhaps you'll find something I didn't....

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

So tell me Norman, how should the files of data collection be accounted for when you have three people working on the same project on the same day. Yo...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: New Star*net user

I find the idea that field data should be anonymized absurd. You should be able to identify the field data by date and who collected it. Anonymizing i...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: How to do a topo for a Specific Contour Interval

Regardless of what is being built no one should certify a surface accuracy to 0.05' that includes soil as part of the surface.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Legal principles - Exceptions

The application of rules is just a lazy way of avoiding using judgement. I would rather forgo all rules in favor of judgment than forgo all judgement ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Radial Bearings - PC to Radius Point or Radius Point to PC?

Agreed, that is describing two alternatives, not two descriptions for one requirement.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Solar compass going today on eBay

It sold for 8k. I'd be wiling to make a trip to Portland to dust those off.

1 year ago
Forum
Reply
RE: MN property

How do you know what his "original findings" were? The survey is not complete until the pins are set and the survey signed. I suspect your interpretat...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Perfect measurers versus perfect measurers

Unless he is depicting the south line of lot 6 and the quarter-quarter section line on the same survey with different bearings, the fact they have dif...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Localizing to Find Boundary Corners

You have no way of knowing these points are 4' south of calculated points because you have no control. You need to work on a coordinate system that r...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Localizing to Find Boundary Corners

Assume your own control, locate the 2 boundary corners, then translate and rotate all of your projected plat corners to your control. Translating and ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

I don't see why the regulations are thought to be onerous. Granted when doing the topography for an in house "client" all of that information may not...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Florida License Option-1

I read those two options as requiring the same type of experience, only the time frames differ.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: total station travers and software processing report

Line 9 which is the above data can't be an angle of 18 degrees if the graphic in cad is correct. It looks like you have entered bad data for that angl...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Mapping Negligence

If they are doing street improvements that are wholly within the right of way, why go the extra expense of boundary work? Something along the line of ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My First Scam

We receive many of our clients payments through ACH. Giving out your ACH information is not anymore risk than writing a check. Every check you write h...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Corner Correction Records in FL

I'm not familiar with Florida but I would be very surprised if the requirement didn't apply to both Section and Quarter Section corners.

1 year ago
Page 9 / 59