AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Reactions?

Very true Jim.I'll own up to being the fresh grad know it all many years ago. I was very fortunate to have worked on crews under some great guys who ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Reactions?

Very nicely said.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Reactions?

Claudia> Proper oral and written communication methods were stressed. Courtesy and proper public presence were expected of all at all times. One ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fee Simple Title - (rant warning)

> "How did it ever get like this?" ANSWER - because we allowed it to.I absolutely agree. I used to do some work in a neighboring county on rare oc...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Preliminary FEMA maps

Good answer.Surveyors generally are too nice with giving away their work. I count myself guilty as well.I would say if you can't help yourself from g...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: "We learned to never hire a surveyor.......

> Has anyone ever wondered, why do we set multiple monuments?Well, every time that I have set monuments in an area that someone else has already mo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How did your insurance rates change?

I had an individual plan that went from $197/mo to $298/mo.The past couple of years, my rate had stayed pretty steady.I noticed no additional benefits...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Digging in asphalt

A client of mine onceused a cordless circular saw w/ a cut off blade in it to uncover a corner in his parking lot for me.He cut a very neat square wit...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Education for Licensure

In Kentucky the following education requirements are in place:"Option 1 – Graduation from a board approved program of four (4) years or more in land s...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon 3005w Question

Been so busy that I only just checked back.Thanks for the replies. I think the PIN code will be the item I was missing.I'll try that out tomorrow.Tha...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1027
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 401
Reply
RE: Sun Shot Reduction

Thanks for the help!I was hoping someone had the old HP programed for the solution.I was off in the minutes range. I was making a bone headed mistake...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 413
Reply
RE: Oops, wrong town

> 95% of my work is in the county my office is in. Needless to say I've got a plat recorded in a neighboring county that has the wrong county on it...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: time to do topo

I was right in line with Norman's estimated time.The only change I would make would be a requirement of one of these:Brush Clearingbeing used to clear...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1639
Reply
RE: Contouring Hard Surfaces

You can capitalize the word "you" all you want, but there is no need to interpret a definition. They are usually pretty well stated -Definition of TO...

13 years ago
Page 50 / 82