AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 586
Reply
RE: Diversity in Land Surveying

One of the early jobs I had was with a company that did design surveys for road projects. We where assisting another company on a project. Their cre...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: XP compatible large format printer suggestions?

For 11X17, I agree with the Brother recommendations.If you foresee any need to do duplex scanning in the future, for just a few more dollars than a st...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 974
Reply
RE: Another what would you do?

Sounds like you have the history on how the line was actually created on the ground. It would be hard to argue with that!

13 years ago
Reply
RE: www.propertylinemaps.com

> Your disclaimers, while they certainly make sense to us as professional surveyors and mappers, are likely to be totally ignored by the general p...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA Zone A

> Contact your city or county flood zone administrator and ask them for one. They have provided them for me in the past.:good: I've also had succes...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How to find that first Technician job?

I don't know how it works in other parts of the world.Around me (Western Kentucky), posting of a surveying position online or in the paper is pretty r...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Discount on Programmed HP-35s for your next exam!

> At BOTH tests, the guy next to me was probably 20 years my senior and had a $3 calculator from the checkout line in Wal-Mart that was a little so...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mandatory Continuing Education

> why would state to state standards or administrative> rules require special expertise?I would not consider it special expertise. It is simply...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mandatory Continuing Education

> but sooner or later the state will end up dipping into that trough, to make up for shortages elsewhere.Exactly what is happening where I live. T...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mandatory Continuing Education

> I'd like to see some courses on GNSS, least squares, and map projections, to name a few. If you're frustrated with the "same old" courses that a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mandatory Continuing Education

> Here in MA.... Well we do have a Professional Development Committee that host regular seminars several times a year. We do send out a question...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Education - my revised perspective (VERY LONG)

ShawnIf I had my way, the surveying courses would be at least 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Unfortunately, not everyone in the program will become a l...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Education - my revised perspective (VERY LONG)

Education - my revised perspective - another "right" answer> When I stop and think about the opportunities the surveying profession has provided me...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Education - my revised perspective (VERY LONG)

Sorry, 3 Hours Of Lab = 1 Hour Of Lecture CreditYour standard college rules are anything but standard. The credit varies based on anywhere from 45-60...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK fixed, RTK lost

:good: :good: :good: I don't even waste time hoping when a pine tree is involved. It is a crap shoot or I need so many multiple checks that I'm bette...

13 years ago
Topic
Page 49 / 82