AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Jon Payne
Jon Payne
@jon-payne
Free
Joined: July 6, 2010 9:31 pm
Last seen: August 4, 2026 7:54 am
Topics: 189 / Replies: 1446
Reply
RE: Surveying Board

> The kicker is that I have a degree from an ABET accredited school in surveying. So apparently this particular board doesn't recognize ABET and i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Contouring Hard Surfaces

:good: Christ has a great example. That crown in the road really shows up nicely.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Contouring Hard Surfaces

> Perhaps you need to review the definition of "topography". ALL topograhy is contoured. Elevated, man -made features are generally not called "top...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: point setting responabilty

> "The surveys have been filed but not yet staked."> > That in itself is a violation of the rules in Alabama. The surveys should not have be...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding illegal activity

I imagine you are in a very tough position. From the comfort of my office chair, I can very easily say - report it.Of course I did not receive an ano...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding illegal activity

> tip to the state police and/or DEA. Sometimes, there are task forces that have been formed to deal with this problem.> They are the ones that ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Kentucky License/Registration Question

JimmyFrom the BOL website concerning licensure by endorsement:"If you are licensed in any state, territory, or possession of the United States, Distri...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Dots on cap

Monuments hold, not dimples!> > WOW! Why can I imagine you disregarding an original that is bent over, because your proportion is more mathemati...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: TOPCON Tesla + GR-5 Rover/Base set

Did you or your dealer do the registration of the Tesla and Magnet software?I recently got a Tesla and the very first step required was an online acti...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Solo Surveyors - How do you hire a helper?

It has been a while since reading them, but the IRS has published guidelines on determining if a person is an employee or can be claimed as a independ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion, Where measurements count!!!!

I saw the same several years ago. The same licensee's cap was actually touching another of his caps on a survey. Both were approximately at the same...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Tablet Recommendations

Thanks Ric.I just saw some convertors for iPad to go directly from that odd proprietary Apple connector to VGA in order to connect to an older project...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Tablet Recommendations

Good point on connecting Peter.I have a projector. It is apparently old enough that HDMI was not in use. Looks like it has RCA, S, and VGA.There app...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Tablet Recommendations

> > reads and displays Powerpoints seamlessly. Cheep enough to not worry about and fits in my pocketThanks for the information Peter.I spent a g...

13 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 993
Reply
RE: Back2Basics: Long BS & Short FS

Ideally you will want balanced sight distances. In real world application, that is not always possible, so you have to address those times. Kris des...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: New Client check bounces

The bank I use has branches scattered around. As I roam the area visiting friends or family, most of the time I will use whichever branch is most con...

13 years ago
Page 51 / 82