Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Don, should surveyors turn down work?> Is it a good idea to erect a wall around the profession and say "boundary is the one-and-only" and to shut o...
Technology didn't promote a guy with six months experience to the position of party chief, someone in management did. The problem isn't necessarily t...
I've worked with some public agencies that specify a requirement for field personel to be certified when they issue an RFQ
Not the coolest, but when you need it, you really need it
Michigan surveyors Need To Be Warmed!> Michigan surveyors Need To Be Warmed!Got the email newsletter from the Good Hart General Store yesterday:"We...
> Besides who the he11 gets bribed for $200 lolLife is cheap on the border my friend, and apparently so are the local politicians 😉
This.Utilities here would either abandon the existing easement and create a new one or would have dictated the terms in the original document how to a...
Okay, we'll get off your lawn gramps 😀
> Proof that one day there may be more land to survey !!!On the other hand, perhaps Keplerian surveyors will drive 500 light years to low ball us.
Lookinatchya> Been working in rual Pennsylvania for the past 20 years. Find an old stone at a corner ever once in awhile, but rarely.Interesting, I...
>...he meets us at the gate with all sorts of horror stories of companies stealing his land and "new order" money that is already printed and will ...
JamesInterest didn't equal aptitude; I dropped freshman design studio halfway through the first semester. 😉
Kris> In the 70's, in Texas, when the ICS books were gotten by my dad, there was ONE surveying degree (maybe) at the University of Houston.Too bad ...
Now we're talking> At least until they find some numbskull who will do it for less.Unfortunately NDJ Associates - Engineers, Planners & Surveyo...
> That was always a sore spot with me at the big firm. I would provide a realistic survey budget, the higher ups would discount survey in order to ...
As a stand alone survey I would be in Joe's range or higher; but I can't see anyone doing this without development work in the pipeline, so a multidis...