AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: World's Toughest Flagging by Presco?

It's a new one to me. Presco is very good flagging IMO- "World's Toughest"? Hmmm... maybe.I'd write Presco and see if they have an idea when it was ma...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Help identifying survey nails?

There's a comparatively recent photo on (cough!) Wikipedia showing combined sewer pipes in Ghent, Belgium...I do know Seattle has substantial problems...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*Net 9.

Thanks for the heads-up; I installed v9 at home. It will be seen if the new features are/were worth it...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Help identifying survey nails?

At the agency I work for (WSDOT) we use:Blue for drainage and slope staking;Red for R/W;Yellow for roadway centerline;Green for sanitary sewer;White f...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Help identifying survey nails?

The agency I work for (WSDOT) has certain colors assigned for various tasks. Yellow for centerline, blue for drainage and slope stakes, red for R/W, w...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Anybody want to guess the story behind this one?

Perhaps a multi-phase project where some sort of realignment was required due to, e.g., costly unforeseen R/W acquisition issues, intermediate but lon...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Anybody want to guess the story behind this one?

Some sort of intermediate (versus LONG-term) configuration, perhaps...?Another possibility... they may have had some very costly R/W acquisition issue...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Help identifying survey nails?

I do like the waffle patterns on these nails- reminds me of Parker-Kalon which I still miss...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: New caps

Interesting old PLSS numbering scheme- [SARCASM]it looks like the ox ate some fermented grain... "Boustrophedrunken" ;)[/SARCASM]

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

thebionicman, post: 443370, member: 8136 wrote: The LSAW manual needs to be tabbed ahead of time. I added large tabs with meaningful titles. It heloed...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: FS exam practice exam ncees

Correct. Both the FS and PS exams are closed-book. State-specific tests are another matter entirely...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS What are they doing?

thebionicman, post: 447620, member: 8136 wrote: If CFedS were priced according to the value of the course it would be a money maker. At 1200 it's a ba...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Used surveyor stamp-Ebay

Good question. I could see some nefarious person wreaking considerable havoc with something like these, forging documents, etc.- they should be as tho...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What happened to the Survey Tacks?

A Harris, post: 446946, member: 81 wrote: [SNIP]He did soak all his ash hubs, stakes and lath in some form of penta wood treatment and they did last m...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What happened to the Survey Tacks?

paden cash, post: 446940, member: 20 wrote: I don't know where I got them, but the last box I bought had the "offset" on several of them.Funny "tack" ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What happened to the Survey Tacks?

A few years back I wound up with a box of tacks where a large percentage of the heads/divots were offset like the head of a golf club.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS under transmission lines

From what I can recall, we've had no issues working under high-tension lines although initialization did seem to take longer but not by much. We are a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet

Larry Scott, post: 446687, member: 8766 wrote: [SNIP]But I'm a little surprised that it's not a dot option. [/SNIP]I agree, it does seem to be a signi...

9 years ago
Page 11 / 28