Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
This will be my first time presenting at Dimensions.?ÿ Anyone else going??ÿ Maybe we could have a little RPLS meet up?
I'm going.
I will be there, giving two presentations. I submitted one on Precise Trig Leveling, and then Trimble asked me to do one on using RTX. Right now there are pretty cheap air-hotel packages.?ÿ
Have not yet missed a Trimble user conference yet, going back many years to San Jose.?ÿ
Personally I am not going but representatives from our department will be there.
T. Nelson - SAM
Ill be there presenting on Trimble Access and Civil 3d Best Practices.?ÿ Saw John Hamiltons presentation on monitoring last time - really cool.
Yesterday I was offered a paid trip, and admission to Dimensions! Sweet! So I will be there along with a co-worker, the Mx-2 Crew!?ÿ So excited! Would love to have a cold one with fellow Beerleggers.
N10,000, E7,000, Z100.00
PLS - IL, MO, AR, KS, MN, KY
My late presentation just got accepted "A New Digital Life for a Historic Mine".?ÿ Look for the GIS guy wandering around.?ÿ John Hamilton - I'm going have to skip your Precise Trig presentation!
I can't wait I am excited to attend!
N10,000, E7,000, Z100.00
PLS - IL, MO, AR, KS, MN, KY
I will be presenting a Survey Pro class on Tuesday,?ÿ GEO-1208.
If you want to hang with some GIS Certified trainers, I'll be the guy with a helium balloon attached to a table in the vast Venetian hall during each breakfast.?ÿ I haven't found a good way to meet up, and Trimble hasn't planned any formal meeting with fellow trainers like myself.?ÿ Surveyors are invited to attend and we can take the abuse.
Joel Cusick
Monday I'll be the fat old guy in a black Saints polo. Blue & Red Nicholls Geomatics polos Tuesday and Wednesday.
I will be there.?ÿ First time attending Dimensions.?ÿ?ÿ
I will be there.?ÿ First time attending Dimensions.?ÿ?ÿ
Photos?
Had a blast in Vegas! It was my first Dimensions and I will definitely go to the next one in Nashville. I got to meet Gavin, Adam (azweig), Lee D and Lee Landman (pdop1.0 aka slugsy100) from this forum! Always great to meet folks in person. I really learned a lot form some really cool sessions. And I also saw the world's largest Golden Nugget!
Here are a few pics for those not able to attend.?ÿ
N10,000, E7,000, Z100.00
PLS - IL, MO, AR, KS, MN, KY
A great conference.?ÿ I didn't screw up too bad on my presentation, met some "old timers" in the GIS Mapping world - Mel Philbrook, Dan Colbert and John Ambrey, checked out Site Vision on an android phone with a DA1 antenna and a selfie with Boris Skopjak - former TBC lead
Great photos fellas. ?ÿThanks.
I was there, attended several sessions and the offsite expo. Most interesting thing I saw was a presentation about the Turkey Creek Tunnel project in KC, and the equipment used, specifically something not Trimble called a Geoslam Zeb Revo. Didnt get a lot of explanation of how exactly it worked, but basically its a handheld scanner that was used to scan the inside of this 100 year old tunnel from a boat floating down the creek. Anybody on here familiar with it?
Also was interesting to see a large Gomaco slip form curb machine running off 2 robots that they claimed could exactly place a 2' radius.?ÿ
Yes I have used the GeoSlam. It is really cool. But it is also not that accurate. Scan data is only about 2? accurate and the scans are not georeferenced or colored. But it does crank out some interior scans at break neck speeds. If you do a bunch of condo surveys or as built plans for architects it is a must!
N10,000, E7,000, Z100.00
PLS - IL, MO, AR, KS, MN, KY
I know a few people that use the GeoSlam.?ÿ They place spheres over their control points to georeference the scans in Recap. It works well for them.