AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
stlsurveyor
stlsurveyor
@stlsurveyor
Free
Joined: December 14, 2012 5:31 am
Last seen: August 20, 2026 4:20 am
Topics: 348 / Replies: 2165
Reply
RE: Upload a title commitment, go grab a coffee, come back to a full exception table + CAD

Curious how is this any different than using ChatGPT or Claude? Both can do the same thing.

3 months ago
Forum
Reply
RE: An honest update about the future of RPLS.com

Thank you Wendell and Angel for all the years! Regardless on what you decide, count me in! My posts have decreased some but only due to life. I still...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: RTX vs. OPUS vs MnVRS

@robertusa I got "red flag galore" when I submitted the .to4 file to RTX after changing the ARP to bottom of antenna versus bottom of QR. The positi...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: RTX vs. OPUS vs MnVRS

@lurker Yes, it does have drop down, but I was surprised that for static processing to RTX does default to the NGS ARP for the antenna.

4 months ago
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 1447
Reply
RE: Flying with GPS as a carry on

TTT - I am flying to Twin Cites this weekend and plan to take an R980 Rover, TSC510 with me in a single Trimble case as a carry on. Anyone have recen...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble DL and "rover only"

I would take the approach of using PPK with RTX in remote locations. Plan on a bit longer occupation times than normal, especially to start/end the da...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access 2025.23

@robertusa The newer controllers TSC510, 710 have different internal hardware affecting the quality of geolock. I just got a brand new TSC510 and Geol...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access 2025.23

Yes, Geolock is the issue. It can be good, but needs to be unselected as a default. Perhaps a it can be address in the survey style?

5 months ago
Reply
RE: When you feel you absolutely know something, go watch a reel by this fellow

I love his Podcast Startalk...If you were ever curious as to what it would take to be successful working in the field of advanced weapon systems, I su...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Using AI in your survey workflow

Here is a prompt I wrote up and dropped into Chat GPT: You are a Professional Land Surveyor operating in a small business setting. There are 3 peopl...

6 months ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 2542
Reply
RE: K index

Coming from one working(ed) in the control segment I wouldn't sweat it. Perhaps 24 hrs static logs being compared across multiple days...a CORS stati...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Returning to Private sector post Federal work

@olemanriver Ha! I can only imagine. One thing I learned is that working directly with Military folks, active and former is great! Much respect! Wou...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Returning to Private sector post Federal work

@peter-lothian Yes, the chaos for sure weighed in on my decision. But overall, the Federal sector is not for me. I had 21 years in the Private sector...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Returning to Private sector post Federal work

@notsomuch I'll be stationed at home in the StL Metro running the survey division of a multi-state firm.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Louisville, Kentucky

Yup, Louisville is a great place to work! Although, I prefer Lexington over Da'ville.

6 months ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 2178
Reply
RE: Trimble 4000SSI Site Surveyor

Wow that's a great piece of GPS history!

1 year ago
Page 1 / 126