AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
eddycreek
eddycreek
@eddycreek
Free
Joined: August 16, 2010 6:38 am
Last seen: September 15, 2026 6:01 am
Topics: 121 / Replies: 918
Reply
RE: It's that time of year

After we went thru the ef5 tornado here in Dec. 10, 2021 I’ve been a lot more attentive to the warnings. We were in the design stages of a new house a...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What do you call this type of monument?

I worked around a very large limestone quarry quite a bit and all the original property corners that hadn’t been mined thru yet were drill steels.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Never say never about the flood plain

Well, I don’t see the basement attached, so I bet it still floods.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What izz-zit?

To me it looks like a castle nut on the end of a threaded axle with flagging under the nut.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Retirement six years later.

I retired 5 years ago and can truthfully say I haven’t missed it for a minute. I started out working for the local heavy construction company in 1977,...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: It's the little things

Old guy I used to work with wore a 2” leather tool belt all the time doing construction staking. There was a 2nd belt about 6” long attached on one si...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Station and offset or bearing and distance

I’ve staked literally thousands of R/W monuments down here in the west end of the state. They are usually laid out as one of the last items on the con...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Rookie questions on total station setup. Geodimeter 4400/ATS

It’s been over 30 years ago, but if I remember correctly the 4000 I had developed a problem with not being able to level the bubbles not long after I ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

This is a Geodimeter brick prism, or RMT. The tilting frame comes off with the 2 thumbscrews on the sides, there’s a threaded 5/8 hole in the top of t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: I fixed some of my Trimble s5 robot complaints...

Just a tip on the short rod. I used to mount one of the old brick prisms between the bottom of the rod and the point so I could stand up and take the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 6:41 P.M. and 103 F

Whatever your opinion about heat index and wind chill, they should be relative to compare between days. Local weather man reported that exactly 8 mont...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Raked Pile Set-out

Wow, thats a blast from the past, 2011. I figured I had responded, looks like twice.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Line

I was staking some clearing lines for a new rail loading facility at Fort Campbell back in about 2000, and one was about 1/2 mile long through a secti...

3 years ago
Page 1 / 52