AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
john-hamilton
john-hamilton
@john-hamilton
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: September 13, 2010 5:25 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 6:07 pm
Topics: 410 / Replies: 3055
Reply
RE: ANY REVIEWS OF RTKDATA.COM

@leegreen Makes sense that they are using the same stations, as RTKData also claims about 20K stations. My problem with Geodnet when I tested it was t...

4 days ago
Reply
RE: NATREF Sample datasets

@mightymoe If you take the RTX ITRF current epoch coordinate and run it through HTDP you will get the (AFAIK) transformation that OPUS is doing.

7 days ago
Reply
RE: NATREF Sample datasets

OPUS (and RTX) return ITRF2020 at the current epoch. The ".6928" is a fraction of a year. I maintain that 2 (or maybe 3) decimals is sufficient to def...

7 days ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 864
Reply
RE: ANY REVIEWS OF RTKDATA.COM

I did some testing over the weekend, I connected to the service, it very quickly initialized, and I output GGA at 1s for a few days. I still need to a...

7 days ago
Reply
RE: Trimble TDC6 strap??

No, the screw spacing is different. actually, when I go to that part number, it doesn't look like the plastic part that screws in is included. So th...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Trimble TDC6 strap??

@wendell No, that is the strap for the TDC600, which I have. It has an upper and a lower bracket screwed on that the strap loops through

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Trimble TDC6 strap??

@jimcox It was not in the box, and my dealer denies any knowledge of such a part. Seems simple for them to include that.   It seems they assu...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Trimble TDC6 strap??

I have the screws. An M2 X 6 goes about 4 mm in and stops. I also have M2 X 8 and M2 X 10. Distance between the holes is 36 mm. Now that I think ab...

2 weeks ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 858
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

When the Oklahoma City federal building attack happened I was in El Salvador on a GPS project. The company I was working with had an ex special forces...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

I was doing topo at Quincy Marsh near Boston. There were two areas, a tidal area which we did on foot, and a marsh grass area that was too thick to wa...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Where am I?

Glad that you enjoyed it, Wendell. I grew up on the Allegheny River, swimming in it in the summer. In the past it was very much an industrial city, sm...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Where am I?

Over the years I have tried to tie in some of the triangulation stations, and have computed local transformations to NAD83. The system was tied to sev...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Where am I?

  BPE is Pittsburgh Bureau of Public Education. These mon boxes are typically found around the block containing a public school building in the...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: BeerLegger in Pittsburgh or Buffalo August 11-19, 2026?

@bobwesterman I live in the South Hills, Bethel Park close to the Washington County line. I used to take people to Fat Heads on South Side but it rece...

2 months ago
Reply
2 months ago
Reply
RE: Leveling Math Errors: Leica LS10 vs. Excel Spreadsheet Template

The OP said it was a digital level. There is still the problem of writing down something different than what the level displays, like transposing digi...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Leveling Math Errors: Leica LS10 vs. Excel Spreadsheet Template

I have seen a lot of digital level users record all of the data in a field book and then manually enter it into a spreadsheet or manually compute it. ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's talk about it: RPLS going member-supported. 💬

A small price to pay for an excellent resource

2 months ago
Page 1 / 174