AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: 20-26 YEARS OLD SURVEY . . . attorney needs copy

Wow, the laws in your state are nothing like any I work in. Surveyors or current legals are not required for any transaction. While I believe your s...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: short plats, original corners, repose, etc. (probably long)

> My narrative about the crew may obscure the deeper issue, that of what is the right thing to put on the ROS?The right thing to put on your ROS is...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: State of Surveying

I started a bit before you CM but have had a very different financial experience. I won;t get into the specifics but at a minimum every other year for...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Oregon Silver Halide copies

> Idaho is going through a law change for silver emulsion. We hope to have it on the floor by next year. No one is making it anymore and many cou...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How much?

> What is the average hourly pay for an instrument person? Glass door dot com say $ 16.67 on average. Any thoughts?No such thing as an instrument p...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Here we go again

> I'm not going to let pride get in the way of performing surveys and making money. The government wants a bid, so they're going to get one.Even m...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: RFQ vs QBS processes by government agencies

> California Government Code requires QBS for all A&E contracts (includes surveying).> > HOWEVER... Ca Code includes this little diddy:&g...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Here we go again

> > > The winning bidder?> We need to stop submitting bids, we are not a contractor. The sooner we, as a profession, realize this the bett...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic Instruments and SurvCE

We've used Carlson SURVCE for years with our Sokkia SRX robots with zero problems at all. I can highly recommend that combo.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you charge?

I wonder why this is so difficult? Charge him your standard hourly rate (assuming you have one). If he is a loyal repeat client apply whatever disco...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: civil 3d

> Does anyone have a simple descriptor key file for me to build upon? Is there a book available like civil 3d for dummies?:plumbbob:Believe me you ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fee Setting

> At my age I shouldn't get PO'd in the AM but just thinking about how we let those *&^%^ insert themselves in our business got me all worked u...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I found a water line today.....

Thanks to our new laws, which were apparently implemented with zero communication with us surveyors, your little escapade would potentially cost you o...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: poll on monument caps

WA yesID yesPersonally I couldn't imagine setting monuments without my PLS designation on it. Why go through all the effor to set an anonymous piece ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Are there any States that mandate surveys...

Are surveys required to convey property?> Perhaps I didn't word my question properly.> I am trying to find out if there are any States with a st...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: "CREATE LINE" in Civil3D

> When using the CREATE LINE functions in Civil 3D there are often silly little tripod and reflector icons displayed on the screen. They are very d...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D and crowsfeet

I believe the OP is looking for just crows feet like LDD had, crows feet without arrows?Civil3d has that too, you just have to create the appropriate ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the deepest...

Exactly Hillbilly! You're asking for trouble (along with hefty fines in this area) when entering any underground facility, especially sewer manholes.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: private surveys being used by others

Private...> Equals more fun and games from secret squirrel nation. I love my recording state.I love my recording states too. Once our maps our rec...

14 years ago
Page 46 / 51