AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: October 1, 2026 7:06 am
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: An Ounce of Prevention

We back all our data up nightly to a secure offsite server. I couldn't imagine losing all of our data. The hardware is easy to replace....data...not...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the deepest...

What are you doing 'in' the manhole??????Deepest I have measured was about 25 feet.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: private surveys being used by others

> Private surveys conducted for a specific client for a specific reason, usually for due diligence purposes during a real estate contract period ar...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland determination

> Thanks everyone. Your responses have been most helpful. I've done the surveying side of it one or two time years ago but always as a sub to an ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: FIS profile BFE determination

> I let the Floodplain Administrator determine all the BFE's on certificates and furnish the info to me in a letter. I do verify.Good idea, up whe...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Importing cad files into Google Earth

As someone above identified th civil3d window that allowed simple publishing to GE is short. For a work around you could export your data as a shape ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: USGS Disk about to be wiped out..

ANOTHER...> .> > I somehow doubt that any of the state statutes designed to protect them are ever considered or invoked.> > It may be u...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: USGS Disk about to be wiped out..

We are working on a project that will also involve wiping out an NGS vertical benchmark. I contacted NGS and was told to also contact my regional advi...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 722
Topic
Replies: 45
Views: 1743
Reply
RE: Company Network

> WA_ID, it seems you are heading in the direction i desire.> Do you use OPUS or do u post process it urself?> And the Networks that you have...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Company Network

We maitain a network in every town/area we do a significant amount of work in. All start with a static network tied out to NGS monuments and expand f...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: narrow banding issue

SOunds like your going to be getting new radios(s). More importantly have you contacted the FCC to be able to use the new narrowband frequencies. Thi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Correction Deed

If it ain't broke, don't fix it?> Let sleeping dogs lie?> > I guess I'm not following this mentality, when it comes to ambiguous deed descrip...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Correction Deed

> I have a client that has an ambiguous deed description and want to help her 'fix it' before it becomes a problem.> > A portion of the descr...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Narrow Banding

We finished our hardware transition today (already had our FCC license modified 6 months ago) with our new trimble radio. It went as smoothly as expe...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction layout extras

> Same Brand X doing construction layout in each case:> > Site A. Could not find the site benchmark and told the contractor they would have t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: price complaints again

That's insane. I used to propose on almost all projects where cost is a factor. Luckily we're in a position were I pretty much refuse to quote any pri...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How's work load been?

Busy as ever here, booked solid through the new year(even hired some new field help last month) and beyond both in the field and in the office. In fac...

14 years ago
Page 47 / 51