AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: Trimble V10

@azweig Hopefully you have the 7k photogrammetry module for TBC.  Without it the V10 is worthless.  The V10 TBC functions used to be in the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TDS Raw file processing

Try Carlson Xport.?ÿ I think you can use it free for a certain # of uses.?ÿ We use it every now and then when needed.?ÿ TBC also works as well.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Curious as to what the most popular data collector used?

We use 3 on that list. It just depends on what equipment we're using and what type of conditions we're working in.?ÿ Under optimal circumstances, nice...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC question: average observations on import

I don't think you can average points on import anymore.?ÿ Just use the average point function from the survey ribbon.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Machine Control Data Prep

That's a huge liability for such a low fee.?ÿ Maybe at another zero to the price.?ÿ I don't know the laws of your state. There are plenty of non-surve...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3d map input help

What you want is line by deflection which can be used as a transparent command 'dd after starting the 'line' command.?ÿ You can also use the line by d...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Unicorn= notary in California with black ink suitable for stamping mylar

@daniel-ralph The 6 counties I work in within Idaho all require mylars and yes it's a total pain to get those mylars cleanly signed and notarized som...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you prep for stakeout?

@rundatline Step#1: Do your own construction staking.  More specifically, only complete staking on projects your firm designs.  When the en...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Express or exclusive

@dave-karoly Exactly Dave!?ÿ Crafting easement language is the job of an Attorney in all areas I work. We do not amend or otherwise edit the easement ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil3d For Cadastral Drafting

@rover83 As with any survey related hardware or software, you get out of it what you put into it.  Many think Civil3d is overkill, many don&rsqu...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New legal descriptions of lots on a BLA

How do you record the record of survey depicting the new boundary and monuments before the deeds have been recorded? I agree that a simple reference t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: A former client of mine is suing the city

Cities can have a variety of seemingly insane requirements in their code.?ÿ But, it's their code.?ÿ This is where local knowledge and expertise comes ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D training questions compilation

To clarify, you used Civil3d or just Autocad up through 2013??ÿ It sounds like Civil3d.?ÿ There is a huge difference in learning Civil3d if your comin...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What were they thinking #2

@bstrand I'm with Brian on this one.  We never supply bids.  In fact, in most instances its against state code to provide cost as part of a...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Are printed copies of maps with digital signature considered signed?

?ÿI. Ben Havin as you have identified, once the document is printed its just a copy of the original.?ÿ Digital and Electronic signature definition has...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Misbehavior

I am not sure exactly what process you are using when you say "when i do a surface"??ÿ A surface is a multi-step process.?ÿ It sounds like your mid-or...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: New Leica GS 14 GPS and Carlson SurvCe 5.04

@jmh4825 It's never a good idea to mix and match like this.  As technology advances, I believe these combinations become more difficult.  W...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

@just-a-surveyor Thank you.  I has my toes in the other boat at the start of my career until I was taught the business side of things.  It'...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

@just-a-surveyor I agree with Just A. We are not a charity, we work for profit and not just to keep the doors...open. Shoot for 30%+ profit or more, ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

?ÿI'd rather do nothing for 0$ than take on a survey job for $50 profit.?ÿ That's just a race to the bottom.?ÿ?ÿ

7 years ago
Page 22 / 51