AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: "Not For Construction" Plans - Stake 'em or no?

Not ever. I am not even sure passing the responsibility off on another party would pass the insurance test....if it came down to it.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

No offense man but that is ridiculous.?ÿ You would lower your price so you could make less profit in today's business climate? By doing so you would l...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Flagging Out-of-Tolerance Individual RTK Vectors

@rover83 Yes, that was it Rover! That takes care of the field warnings, thank you.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Flagging Out-of-Tolerance Individual RTK Vectors

@paul-in-pa I am not talking about monument ties, we complete multiple observations on all monuments.  My question is in regard to single vector...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: averaging observations after calibrating site

@cole Your office is setting you up for a disaster.  Maybe not today or tomorrow but someday for sure.  Your office should send you out wit...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Flagging Out-of-Tolerance Individual RTK Vectors

@ fairleywell I have already done that but that setting does nothing to flag out of tolerance GNSS vectors. Unless my TBC has some other setting I am ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: averaging observations after calibrating site

Straight line calibrations can be very dangerous when working in an area off the line which in most cases should be most of your work area.?ÿ Your hor...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

@just-a-surveyor I see just the opposite.  Surveyors, or shall i say people in the surveying professions from drafters to techs to party chiefs ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: TBC Flagging Out-of-Tolerance Individual RTK Vectors

@ssorcbor I am not sure why I haven't noticed this sooner.  Who shoots multiple vectors for topo points? There needs to be a simple way to flag ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Great Opportunity for Oregon PLS

Good Luck Dave. As you're finding out, selling is a tough thing unless you're promoting from within for an easy transition/buyout type situation.?ÿ I ...

7 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Looks like the state of Idaho has moved the ball forward on the pin cushion question...

The new spring/summer board publication further clarifies material discrepancy. Seems crystal clear to me. See below, taken from the board publication...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: VRS vs Base in site calibration

I cringe whenever I hear of end users utilizing a calibration file.?ÿ I despise them and try very very hard to never have to use them.?ÿ Once every ot...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like the state of Idaho has moved the ball forward on the pin cushion question...

  Page 11 discusses the material discrepancy question.  it's basically anything other than the originally set monument. I am glad they final...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid/Ground coordinates SOP

We convert all our data to ground values within our processing software(with a few exceptions).?ÿ We do not truncate values at all.?ÿ With our method ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Bad day

I heard a story about someone on a county crew leaving a truck out at a jobsite.?ÿ He forgot he drove himself to the site and rode home with another c...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D (2016) Traverse Adjustments and .FBK files

If you do alot of adjustments, and it sounds like you do, i believe star-net would be your most functional choice.?ÿ We simply do not adjust our trave...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D (2016) Traverse Adjustments and .FBK files

Civil3d is not a friendly to traverse adjustments. I think i used it once 5 years ago. It can be done, it just requires a very specifically structured...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: "Apropriate Scale"

While I agree that a scale appropriate for a legible end product is a good thing I cannot tell you the last time i actually used a scale to measure so...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone using Drone Deploy?

We used it initially until we found Pix4d. Pix4d was superior by far.?ÿ I am not up to speed on either but do know my tech spent a ton of time with bo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D Point Group Problems

We have not experienced that issue and use point groups daily.?ÿ Which version are you using? We control survey monument point groups by point number ...

7 years ago
Page 23 / 51