AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
WA-ID Surveyor
WA-ID Surveyor
@wa-id-surveyor
Member
Joined: March 16, 2012 1:47 pm
Last seen: September 30, 2026 3:13 pm
Topics: 14 / Replies: 991
Reply
RE: News Flash

I agree completely.?ÿ In my LSIT days i worked under one of the most knowledgeable surveyors I have ever worked with.?ÿ Unfortunately he couldn't mana...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Beating head against wall

@mightymoe Do they not have qualification based selections in your state for work by government municipalities of any sort?  It's very prevalent ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Office yesterday

@mightymoe Was not us.  We thought it was odd that they used that as an aerial target.  I didn't know you could fly a site on the border.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Office yesterday

?ÿA little international boundary survey monumentation from a few days ago.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How many business owners allow field employees to carry personal cell phones on the job?

We offer a stipend to use their personal phone for work related calls.?ÿ That works best for us and keeps things simple IMO.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: lts overlay season

Part of the problem is ignorance of the laws, especially with municipalities that have never understood the laws and never retained a consultant that ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Oh how I wish

@paden-cash That is certainly not true for WA and ID.  ID requires a degree while WA doesn't, among other differences.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: DJI Phamtom 4 RTK - What types of output?

Stay away from the point cloud if you can help it, that's my advice.?ÿ We process topos weekly some with drone data, some without.?ÿ We process the da...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: NSPS just put out their position on Surveying as Essential

Any word in WA state on land surveying being essential??ÿ I looked through the list and it was not listed.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What could possibly go wrong?

In 2005 i can understand your logic but in today's world it's almost harder not to tie your data to state plane.?ÿ The downstream and upstream efficie...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey required for easements?

@bstrand A few years ago.  There was a lot of discussion and further clarification by the board on this matter in a whiter paper and in News bul...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey required for easements?

Idaho now requires monuments to be set and a record of survey filed for most easements.?ÿ There are exceptions to this rule such as following a platte...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Hard to compete when you are the part of the few following the rules

While we don't work in that area of WA I can assure you it is not exclusive to your side of the State.?ÿ I see this scenario quite often on the east s...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor's office desk...

The new fad is the dual sitting and standing desk. In our office everyone that wanted one got one?ÿ ?ÿI didn't think I would like it but now i can't l...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT Exemption from subdivision regs

I also can't disagree with you about WSDOT and their right of way surveys and their general lack of any coherent deeds or plans.?ÿ With that said, the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT Exemption from subdivision regs

@flga Good question.?ÿ A typical scenario we see often is a city or district that wants to create a parcel of land for a new water tank or borrow pit ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT Exemption from subdivision regs

All public agencies and districts in the the WA-ID cities and counties I work in are exempt from the subdivision process.?ÿ It's very common. ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Zone A, Elevation Certificate

I have done several elevation certificates in Zone A.?ÿ From large rivers to non existent creek bed.?ÿ You will definitely need a PE that knows what t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Lump Sum

Lump sum when possible.?ÿ Not all projects lend themselves to a lump sum setup.?ÿ Lump sum is by far the quickest and most efficient way to increase p...

7 years ago
Page 21 / 51