AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Thomas Smith
Thomas Smith
@thomas-smith
Free
Joined: December 8, 2010 3:45 pm
Topics: 25 / Replies: 141
Reply
RE: I'm moving to a company that is very layout heavy.

As stated by others, it can be very mentally exhausting. Plus you pretty much have to be on call as notice is short at the different steps of the proc...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Architects forging plans - AGAIN!

Or welders. Friend of mine used to work on the north slope pipeline. He said all the welders talked about was welding o-beam.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Software

That's encouraging Jim. Which package do you have? Sounds like my next upgrade.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Angry Client

He should just ask a Realtor. Around here, I'm always told by the client that the Realtor marked the boundaries.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New Robotic Total Station First Day

I found the same thing. Usually very easy to stop, re aim with the guide lights and press track. Finds it pretty easy. Once I get fluid with it, I can...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New Robotic Total Station First Day

I did not have a problem with it finding thevprism or locking onto something else. I even stood in the same direction as my back sight prism (in betwe...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New Robotic Total Station First Day

No rc5 used on this one. Different design than the power station. The total station tracks the prism. Very simple and easy. A lot cheaper than the PS ...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 982
Reply
RE: Machetes - Again

Been using the 22" martindales for a few years now. Balanced well and a softer steel that makes them easier to sharpen. Inexpensive too.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Think I'll put on a bulletproof vest tomorrow

I always found if I put on my hammer and machete first thing after arriving to the site usually stopped people from harassing me

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Approximate Corners

Kind of reminds me when an engineer told me to do approximate boundaries on a site plan I was preparing for him. 1 acre lot with new construction. Jus...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New Robotic Total Station

Topcon DS205. Local company was running a special. Came with Tesla DC with magnet software, 360 prism, carbon fiber pole, mount and wooden tripod. $19...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tripod/Total Staion setup procedures

Of course! Doing larger boundaries, I sometimes set up 50 to 60 times a day. Doing it otherwise is just counter productine

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 552
Reply
RE: Equipment Insurance

Is that the total cost of your general liability Jim?

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1208
Reply
RE: New Purchase

Never a replacement. Just an addition 🙂

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New Purchase

I like that silversabre. Where do you get that?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New Purchase

Thanks Paden. Could not turn down the deal. $19,995 brand new. Complete set up. Wooden legs, carbon fiber rod, 360 prism included

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 11
Views: 405
Page 2 / 9