Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 17, 2026 5:53 pm
I guess we will find out in 2020 or 2021 when the first audits of 2017 taxes happen. I think the stance to go with is assume we are covered, BUT don't...
Gene, yes it stays in Eugene 🙂
Actually it is ambiguous unless you assume that "engineers and architects" includes land surveyors. Rather that was an over sight or the intent remain...
No it won't, BUT even if it would, in the USA at least it wouldn't be legal. You will need a 12.5 khz base radio to be legal. I have no clue what the ...
I will be celebrating 29 years of GPS usage in July, 1st worked with a Trimble 4000ST in July 1990. Hard to believe it has been almost 30 years! SHG
Good seeing many old friends there last week, now back to work 🙂 SHG
Just attended a CPA presentation at PLSO (Oregon) last Friday. Even CPA's are not 100% sure of this, some say it was an over sight, others say if they...
In the typical RTK radio (VHF/UHF) frequencies, line of sight is generally the standard expectation. Higher antennas, better antennas and shorter rang...
This has always surprised me as IMO CA has more red tape and regulations than any other state on the west coast, maybe the entire country! I am licens...
@mkennedy glad to hear some steps are being taken. I guess my heartburn stems from the fact a large number of ESRI users which probably outnumber all ...
Note on the summary Gavin linked to at NovAtel that all GNSS satellites are in similar frequency ranges. Also note that satellite phones are in simila...
No, BUT by definition you can only difference common signals, if they don't exist on one end of the baseline you have nothing to difference. Same as u...
Thanks Jim, that was my conclusion too, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed something. I agree that GLONASS precise files seem to be a rare beast...
In differential GNSS solutions ONLY common signals count, often why solutions are better with your own local base (coupled with generally shorter base...
John, true on the Intuicom bridge costs, BUT that is also our base station radio, no UHF's any longer so if you use the bridge as your base station ra...
I think for the money the Garmin's are great, if you need more accuracy or SPC, then use your survey grade gear, I think you are expecting too much "s...
James to the salad bar with no dressing line for you! I try to be good, but it is very hard at most dining establishments! SHG
Jim, are the precise GLONASS orbits at that link? Took a quick look, maybe I missed them? SHG
Yep Leica all day, everyday! lesson learned back in the 1980's, I don't know if they will last forever, but 20 years or so with reasonable care and so...