AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
richard-germiller
richard-germiller
@richard-germiller
Free
Joined: August 14, 2010 11:17 pm
Last seen: September 10, 2026 11:30 am
Topics: 61 / Replies: 706
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

Ours is a mouthful - The Gila and Salt River Base and Meridian, the initial point is just Southwest of Phoenix on the alignment of Baseline Road on a ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: 0.004

Ive done it to get the minimum square footage of new lots in a subdivision, the planners in the City of Eugene were very particular, 4500 square feet ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW is always fun to explain!

  I can attest to that, our acquisition staff had to get a 1' easement from all properties on the project road in Sitka. One of the homeowner's...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Hmm I wonder how they messed this up!

Well, at least in that scenario, they're not pulling the pin and putting it "right back where it was"

6 months ago
Reply
RE: That dreaded hissing sound...

Saw a report about two weeks ago warning that due to the early heat the rattlers are out early.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: What izz-zit?

We find a lot where the plat or Record of Survey was recorded before the pins were set, when we find a pin that's almost exactly an even foot off, was...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: The face you make…..

I make that face just thinking about planners

8 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

When I was at AKDOT, I was reviewing a set of plans for a project and noticed that the survey sheet, which was drawn by the engineering drafting pool ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

In all my years of field work in the Mid Hudson Valley plus the time in AK, not doing much field work and three years in the Army (stationed in Augsbu...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Drafting...

I call this one of the sins of the CAD programs, in that the newer drafters haven't been taught about making the outer bearing continuous, combined wi...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Do something nice

Why'd they hire you if they can just use the GIS?

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

I was mistaken; there's actually TWO PK's in the quarter corner cap.  

11 months ago
Reply
RE: The most pin cushions I have ever seen in one place

We have a few pictures of pin cushions in the office, one has a PK nail within a BLM cap, apparently that cap wasn't close enough to their mathematica...

12 months ago
Reply
RE: Highway ROW and engineers

@andy-bruner From what I understand the Alaska Road Commission designers were former RR design engineers, and this is when the top speed of your av...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: How to do a topo for a Specific Contour Interval

Oh the many, many times I wish I really could have done that, and not restricted to EIT's, but PE's also, particularly when I was at AKDOT&PF

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Encroachment

@ken-salzmann When that GIS first came out (I was at County DPW at the time) they showed my property line right down the middle of my house.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Looking for Old School CAD Help

@squirl 'bd gives the bearing and distance option. I still use the old fashioned @dist<bearing

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1520
Page 1 / 39