AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
nate-the-surveyor
nate-the-surveyor
@nate-the-surveyor
Free
Joined: July 5, 2010 7:47 am
Last seen: June 25, 2026 3:30 pm
Topics: 1310 / Replies: 9228
Reply
RE: Do we need GPS to Survey?

Being a Javad junkie, my heart palpates every time I read the title of this thread... 🙂 N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Student Research Topic: Total Station historical pricing, how much did they used to cost?

Circa 1986, topcon gts 3b, was around 13-15k (they had a couple different models, with different accuracies) From memory, 3", 5" and maybe a 7" one.?ÿ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this bad professional conduct?

I don't know, but IF I were the atty, or the surveyor, for the opposite team, I would have a real hay day, tearing up the attorney who used this argum...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sounds like a delightful customer

Posted by: BStrand Do surveyors normally troll craigslist for work? Well, not exactly... I typed "surveyor" or something like that.Kinda looking for a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Do we need GPS to Survey?

I have 10+ yrs in with transit and tape. 10 or so yrs in with total sta. Then added static, L1 units. Around 10 yrs w topcon gps. About 2 yrs w JAVAD....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhole odors

Mr Cash, you have a "knack" for story telling. If I were to tell it, it would not be so charming... Good Job ?ÿ N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Staying connected to our roots

Let's just say I have a "Big Heart" for old survey tapes, and the like. Still carry the plumb bob... Thanks Mr. Moe! 🙂 N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sounds like a delightful customer

It's tempting to contact him, and give an estimate of 6k... ?ÿ N

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Staying connected to our roots

Posted by: Hblair Got to say the price was right. I guess on all of it... The old rusty tape, the GLO surveys, and, the modern rtk "pop the endpoints ...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 1862
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 1102
Reply
RE: Newb from canada's capital

Welcome. So, tell us about your equipment... 🙂

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS near buildings

Javad LS can take some really crazy shots. I took some under the overhang, metal bldg, roof was some 20' up. It was not near a boundary, and i was not...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Application selection

450 to 470 is a wide spectrum. Not all channels here are available, for automated transmission, or data. Out in the country, (un crowded, as far as rf...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pain in the neck

Taller tripod.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Application selection

Posted by: therock003 Hi Nate. So how do you tackle the bleed over whenever you encounter it, and what is the proper frequenct selection procedure? Do...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 856
Reply
RE: old Leica 530 GPS equipment

I remember when that unit first came out. Time sure flies. You called it old! N

9 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Great Opportunity for Oregon PLS

Come with trout permit, salmon gear, and a smoker? Beautiful country. As a kid, we visited through there. Went north to Washington State, climbed an u...

9 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Newbie question re: DOP/satellite position/surveying

Good practice: Park your base where it has 100% sky view. (no obstruction higher that 10 degrees up from the horizon.) Best is a bald hilltop. (good r...

9 years ago
Page 135 / 527