AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Basis statement

Loyal, post: 450515, member: 228 wrote: I have had quite a few requests for NAD27 UTM(s) lately, and I finally figured out the reason. "They" were bas...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Take The Maps To The Field

eapls2708, post: 450455, member: 589 wrote: Try that with your I-thingamajig! NO!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Take The Maps To The Field

To add to Evan's post, I prefer paper maps (drawing with aerial) to a handheld GPS. The mere process of finding myself on the aerial helps with findi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Am I a contrarian?

Nice example, Mr. Fleming. Partly from my training and education in a PLSS state and also being a geologist, I would add the dimensions of the stone ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: IMPORTANT: Upcoming Updates & Enhancements

WOW! That went smoothly, I didn't notice a thing. 😉

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In the PLSS

paden cash, post: 449793, member: 20 wrote: The molybdenum mine in Climax use to blast on the weekends. Back in the '60s it wasn't uncommon for a mes...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: In the PLSS

Holy Cow, post: 449757, member: 50 wrote: Good one.By the way, two weeks ago on a Wednesday evening, I reached Climax at 6:43 p.m. Well, I know you ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: suggestions for anchor bolt grout for use in ceiling

John,I'm no help for setting anchor bolts in concrete. In the mines I have worked rock bolts are set to stabilize the back (lay term is ceiling) from...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Any CFedS words of wisdom?

An idle aside: I see that three posters in this thread have let their CFedS expire.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you agree with NGS policy on updating CORS coordinates

John, It looks like NGS has only updated some of their photos. This is a Leica AX1202GG antenna and included in the photos for PAPH. They also have...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you agree with NGS policy on updating CORS coordinates

Check with the NGS about photos taken of the old equipment.Also, you might download data before and after the change and post-process with PARL. Mayb...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Any CFedS words of wisdom?

I have two suggestions. Go through the outlines for the first and last modules and review the 7 module quizzes.Oh, and put fresh batteries in your HP...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Error?

Loyal, post: 449086, member: 228 wrote: Yeah...maybe.It should have taken about 1 minute to find! ALWAYS check the Antenna Type & HI FIRST!I think...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Activity

This spectacular photo was taken by Alan Dyer on Sept. 27, 2017. The purple "rainbow" to the left is called a "Steve". The main aurora is to the rig...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CORS Station P565 - Subsidence by Drought or Groundwater Pumping

I look at elevations from GPS a little differently Moe. I normally get decent ellipsoidal heights from OPUS and esp. OPUS Projects. My problem is wi...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CORS Station P565 - Subsidence by Drought or Groundwater Pumping

Shawn Billings, post: 449042, member: 6521 wrote: The velocities would need to be non-linear. In this case, piecewise linear functions is the only wa...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CORS Station P565 - Subsidence by Drought or Groundwater Pumping

MightyMoe, post: 448978, member: 700 wrote: Let's hope no surveyor or anyone else is using it for elevation control:( This station does not have a lo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you agree with NGS policy on updating CORS coordinates

For John's example of CORS station WVCV, it may be that instead of upgrading/revising the coordinates the better solution would be to revise the veloc...

9 years ago
Page 37 / 67