AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Measurement issues in providing reference measurements to locate existing monuments

I like one method that I've seen on these forums involving shooting reflectorless twice on each building face and calculating the intersection point, ...

5 months ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 2203
Reply
RE: Weird EDM Error

I was and I'm still concerned about side view vehicle mirrors.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: How to Keep My Base Station Cool

Thanks to everyone who participated in this discussion.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: How to Keep My Base Station Cool

@jbond Got the specs for my Carlson BRx7. I'm skeptical the receiver will ever reach 149°F, but I'm going to check the temperature this summer ...

6 months ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 1742
Reply
RE: What is the Topcon GTS-4 Lower plate clamp for?

We used a Topcon GTS-4, I think it was a GTS-4A, for an FDOT project in 1994. We thought it was a good instrument. The lower clamp is used for taking ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Convert Parcel Identification Map in .pdf to .dxf for Carlson SurvPC

I have access to the county’s Property Identity Maps. We call them tax maps. I got one map as a .pdf file, used a free online converter to convert it ...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Convert Parcel Identification Map in .pdf to .dxf for Carlson SurvPC

@va-ls-2867 Is this for SurvPC? I went to the map screen and entered pdfimport on the command line. I got something like Unknown command. I used th...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Grading Plan

Interesting.  

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

Good point. I did Florida's first metric DOT mapping project in 1994, and I found it difficult to pace off and judge distances. I didn't have a metric...

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 2018
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

A .rw5 file is the old TDS raw file and can be edited in Notepad.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Digital Leveling Specification

@jim-frame Here's a screenshot of my LS10 mean measuring mode. Will post something with realistic numbers tomorrow. This was not part of an actual ...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Digital Leveling Specification

More like a shaky rodman. Probably a little muscle fatigue towards the end of a day. We've been trying to limit our sights to 200'.

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Digital Leveling Specification

I found my answer in the Survey Technical Guidelines Field Section of the Land Surveying Mapping andGIS Section, Southwest Florida Water Management Di...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Digital Leveling Specification

Yes, the program does record the shot because even though the instrument is set to take 5 readings, in my case, if you press the [STOP] button the pro...

11 months ago
Page 4 / 80