AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: PLSS Symbology

@rankin_file Fits snuggly in my work shirt left front pocket. Too bad they never made them orange-colored.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Replacing aging Geodimeter 600 Pro — will Trimble 5603 DR200 pair with SMI 48GX?

What version SMI surveying card do you own? Western States Cable - Survey Equipment Cables

4 months ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Symbology

@bstrand With the section numbers above and below where the arrowheads meet, right?

4 months ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Symbology

@norman-oklahoma The section corner symbol with sections 21, 22, 27, and 28 is exactly correct. Do you have a quarter corner symbol?

4 months ago
Topic
4 months ago
Replies: 14
Views: 1401
Reply
RE: Durability of Survey Points

I never heard of lead wool. Where did you buy it from? Does it work better than grout or epoxy? Have you ever reset a nail and disc in an existing hol...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Durability of Survey Points

Great effort to set a point.

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Durability of Survey Points

CM - Concrete Monument ND - Nail & Disc

4 months ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 1797
Reply
RE: Tolerance Settings Carlson BRx7 Rover

I don't know, but I found something on reddit.com. Gps data collection tolerances. : r/Surveying

5 months ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET FIELD custom add-ins

Good to see you back, Lee. We replaced MF with Carlson. It’s great for F2F, but I’d rather have MF for everything else.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET FIELD custom add-ins

To my knowledge, you will not be able to write a function to run directly in MAGNET Field. Your best bet would be to export a coordinate text file to ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

@bstrand We never use the BLM. Our survey section does only public works projects.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Setting Corners with RTK

Yup. The good ol' brick backsights. I used to use a cinderblock.

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Witness Monuments

I haven't found anything so far in the Florida statutes about using the prolongation of a line. Everything I've read so far concerning offsets is rela...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Retired surveyor from Suffolk, England

Welcome. I use a Leica LS10 digital level. The user interface of the onboard software could be more intuitive. Overall, I think it's a pretty good ins...

5 months ago
Topic
5 months ago
Replies: 27
Views: 2697
Reply
RE: Setting Corners with RTK

I agree with you. Referring to this post, the first 2 corners I set were at a street intersection. One at the southeast corner, the other at the north...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Setting Corners with RTK

I assume it would be better to set pairs of points, static session on each point, then break out the total station. Nowadays, what is the recommended ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Setting Corners with RTK

I wish I would've determined the base station control point coordinates with a static session. I was thinking about that this morning. The reason we'r...

5 months ago
Page 3 / 80