AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Surveyors are............................................

"Great at surveying but poor businessmen", according to my wife, who has an MBA and is from western Kansas.

1 week ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

How can 1 corner determine the direction of a line? I like "true location" better. An example I always refer to is a case where the "missing" cor...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

Concerning I found: The 2026 Florida StatutesChapter 177LAND BOUNDARIES177.091 Plats made for recording.—Every plat of a subdivision offered for ...

2 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Florida Platting Questions

@notsomuch I found: 5J-17.052 Standards of Practice – Boundary Survey Requirements.7. When conditions require setting a monument on an offset, wh...

2 weeks ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 2698
Reply
RE: Florida will let your crew sit for the exam if you sign a letter. Would you?

Thanks for posting this. It gives us survey technicians hope that we could join the ranks of professional surveyors. My friend and coworker in the fie...

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Level Run Woes

That was the Point of Beginning magazine.

1 month ago
Topic
1 month ago
Replies: 2
Views: 796
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

From what I understand, the primary purpose for checking lake elevations is to prepare for hurricanes. Most of our lakes are checked on a monthly basi...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

I like your idea. Our total station does have a reflectorless distance mode, but I doubt the office would accept that in lieu of a rod reading.

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

No. Actually, it's a retention pond. Most of our lakes are true lakes.

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

No. This lake is actually a retention pond, but I always keep an eye out for snakes.

1 month ago
Topic
2 months ago
Replies: 20
Views: 1162
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 745
Reply
RE: Leveling Math Errors: Leica LS10 vs. Excel Spreadsheet Template

I’ve been working slowly to create such a program.

2 months ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Leveling Math Errors: Leica LS10 vs. Excel Spreadsheet Template

So you’re saying the level reads the rod to the nearest 0.00003?

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Leveling Math Errors: Leica LS10 vs. Excel Spreadsheet Template

Level reading to the nearest thousandth. Writing rod readings to the nearest thousandth in the field book.

2 months ago
Page 1 / 80