AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

@murphy So, more or less, you are saying that vesting documents yield to posession lines??ÿ I hate to go there but it is not within the scope of our a...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: How best to deal with 'on-line' monuments

@jed if it's found evidence, how is it relevant as to whether it's calld for in the deed but is on line within reason?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Buff & Burger Transit

Buff & Berger (compleatsurveyor.com)

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Dangerous Jobs----where do you see yourself

With all the hazards we face I wonder why we never make that list.

4 years ago
Reply
4 years ago
Reply
RE: No Man's Land

@mightymoe here in NJ, land is at a premium, you will be hard pressed to find a buildable acre for less than $40K, even after the crash of 2008, it di...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Depth for Bluetops....

@lurker I've never, ever, been asked to do that.?ÿ My usual practiceis to set hubs for EP on a 2' offset and on centerline, set lath with crows feet.?...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: No Man's Land

@flga-2-2 based on my experiences in looking for land in West Virginia, mountain land, at least there, is relatively cheap.?ÿ About ten years ago I wa...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Procedures for Setting Boundary Monumentation by GNSS

My instructions tomy crews is not to useRTK that way.?ÿ We don't have a base/rover set up, it's all VRS.?ÿ I'm a firm believer in setting important po...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Depth for Bluetops....

OK, I've been surveying in NJ for 40 years and have have no clue what a blue top is, that's not a term used in NJ, can somebody take me to school plea...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction Plans in Color

Back in the days when I was a PM, my lead PLS was color blind and when I wanted to get his opinion on a tricky resolution I arrived at, I would haveto...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: The Dude With 9 Lives

@jed you got that right!?ÿ in 2002 I was at the bank depositing my pay check and taking to my wife on the phone.?ÿ 15 minutes later I got home and fou...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for a new computer/laptop

@mark-mayer I just got a similar set up in a Dell G15 Ryzen edition gaming computer with similar specs and I love it!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson problems ƒ??Saveasƒ?

Sounds to me like it's a CAD setting that you changed. I'm also banging my head against the wall, I just got a new lap top and upgraded from Carlson ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting "In-Line" iron stakes

@firestix that depends on whether the clien takes the neighbor to court for reimbursement.?ÿ It's basically a civil matter and I highly doubt that any...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting "In-Line" iron stakes

I've done that a few times and both times the "disagreeable" neighbors yanked everything I had set.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Yesterdays survey

Plastic caps are the norm in NJ.?ÿ There are probably a few thousand plastic cepped rebars with ny license number on them scattered around the state.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 2" Total Stations and Use

3", 2", 1", in the vast majority of situations, it really makes no difference, especially with compensating errors and a host of methods to adjust dat...

4 years ago
Page 42 / 75