AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Reducing Astro Observations for Azimuth determination in Star*net (or not)

John Hamilton, post: 383564, member: 640 wrote: I still see a need. There are locations where it is not possible to set a pair of GPS points far enoug...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Reducing Astro Observations for Azimuth determination in Star*net (or not)

I would just average them an make one Bearing (B) record with error estimate. Just make sure you enter the correct type of bearing into Star*Net. It's...

10 years ago
Topic
Forum
Replies: 5
Views: 1371
Reply
RE: Carlson 2016 Point Layers by Field Code Table

Ladd Nelson, post: 373268, member: 307 wrote: I was told by programming that "The "Use F2F..." now uses all the F2F properties and you can‰Ûªt do laye...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: AutoCAD 2016 - Mac or PC?

Have you looked into Parallels Desktop? I have not run it myself, but it looks like you can run windows programs (like AutoCAD) inside the Mac ecosyst...

10 years ago
Topic
Topic
Replies: 5
Views: 975
Reply
RE: Number of people sitting for PS Exam

From this month's Florida Board of Professional Surveyors and Mappers Newsletter: Currently there are 2,630 registered Professional Surveyors and Mapp...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Work Shirts

The best survey work pants that I have found are the Carhartt Washed Twill Dungaree - Relaxed Fit Pants (B324). They work well in hotter climates beca...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Work Shirts

The Duluth Men's Everyday F.O.M. Twill Short Sleeve Shirt looks reasonable for Florida climate. I might get that one myself.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Converting between the various NAD83 adjustments

Nate The Surveyor, post: 350091, member: 291 wrote: Javad. You input dates, for ITRF, and the velocities. Tell it. It does it. The various adjustment...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 3655
Reply
RE: Article in "American Surveyor" about cutting tools

Dave Karoly, post: 349932, member: 94 wrote: I second a good pair of loppers. The don't tear up your shoulders and elbows and you can clear surprisin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Article in "American Surveyor" about cutting tools

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out the most efficient tool for cutting line through underbrush. I use a 24" machete because that is all that I have ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Staking "Opportunity"

Four words, it's called a "Time and Materials Contract". I'll admit that I don't do construction stakeout (and this is probably the reason why), but d...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What new pact has formed between Finance & Title Company

Maybe the Title Company doesn't want you doing the job. I don't know about Texas, but here in Florida some title companies have their own survey compa...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Subdivision issues

GMPLS, post: 348393, member: 8404 wrote: I have a boundary issue that I would like to get some opinions on. I have attached a pdf of a portion of my s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveys for Real Estate Closings

To those of you who work in states that bank underwriters don't require a survey for residential real estate closings, is a copy of first survey of th...

11 years ago
Page 9 / 42