AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: crossing traverse lines

John Hamilton, post: 405295, member: 640 wrote: Why would he give a point different numbers? Each station should have one and only one designation.Oth...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson 2017 with Intellicad

Type "Customize" at the command line, go to the keyboard tab and create a shortcut.

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1004
Reply
RE: Was charged $6700 for survey on 2/3 acre lot

I used to see this picture posted in one of the offices that I used to work at. It really sums up how billing in the construction industry works. I su...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Was charged $6700 for survey on 2/3 acre lot

LostInOhio, post: 395933, member: 12205 wrote: My stepfather is in commercial construction so recommended one for me.Did you have a contract with the ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FEMA Simplified Method - DEM Instead of Contours?

Jim Frame, post: 395673, member: 10 wrote: FEMA allows local agencies to authorize construction -- but not a flood insurance rating -- based on a BFE ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Elevation Certificate Request

hlbennettpls, post: 395058, member: 10049 wrote: I have a potential client wanting to purchase flood insurance on his property that is listed in Flood...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Elevation Certificates

andrewm, post: 395739, member: 10888 wrote: I have some of them. I tried that for one that had a NGS BM. It wasn't listed on NGS anymore but I was a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE: Moving points from one job file to another?

Under the file tab, use the Import/Export button to export the points you want to an ASCII file and then import them into the job you want.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Realtors asking for copies of surveys...

Scotland, post: 394060, member: 559 wrote: I just had a title company call me for a copy of a Improvement Location Report (ILR - here in NM) that we d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid/Ground Madness

Grid distances (along with areas computed from them) do not reflect the reality that the public expects. When someone is paying for land at a negotiat...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Amicable solution: House built on wrong lot (Surveyors error)

FL/GA PLS., post: 385850, member: 379 wrote: [USER=6939]@Bow Tie Surveyor[/USER]I knew of the firm that did the original survey from start to finish. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Amicable solution: House built on wrong lot (Surveyors error)

FL/GA PLS., post: 385816, member: 379 wrote: I know of the surveyor who was at fault but won't identify him because I feel he has been sufficiently ex...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How did "old school" chaining work?

The first distance in that page of notes appears to be computed incorrectly. He shows a 400' slope distance at a 4å¡10' vertical angle. The cosine he ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Reducing Astro Observations for Azimuth determination in Star*net (or not)

rfc, post: 384524, member: 8882 wrote: The central meridian is at 072-30-00w. My observation point is at 072-35-00 (5 minutes west of the CM). The Lat...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How did "old school" chaining work?

paden cash, post: 384426, member: 20 wrote: I was part of an era when chaining a section boundary was common. We used 100' chains, set either conc. n...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 72
Views: 6591
Reply
RE: Reducing Astro Observations for Azimuth determination in Star*net (or not)

John Hamilton, post: 384289, member: 640 wrote: Looks Like I am NOT presenting a session on azimuths, they want me to do one on dam deformations . I r...

10 years ago
Page 8 / 42