AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Ring, Ring......

Sounds crazy, but do you think that is just a fish bait price to get the survey, then they sink the hook on the price for the rest of the work to deve...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring, Ring......

See. I seems like the expectation is $200 where ever you go.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ring, Ring......

Well... I guess it's good to know that $200 is the universal price for surveying services in the mind of the public.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tax on Professional Services??

I think I would go along with a tax on surveys, only if the money went strictly toward improving the land tenure system within the state. Like buildin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Fl Surveyor PLS 4256 (Retired)

I'm not sure if we have ever met, but I have heard of Consul-Tech. My real name is Cary Melvin. I am a 2nd generation surveyor and a graduate of the U...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Fl Surveyor PLS 4256 (Retired)

Great to hear you are part of the group. Now, if you could impart the wisdom that you accumulated over the years to us surveyors still in practice (es...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Elevation factors when surveying

I think I read once in Browns Evidence and Procedures for Boundary Locations that many of the older surveys in colonial states would have their distan...

11 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: How do you calculate an overhead rate for a small surveying business?

I forgot holiday pay. Typically how many paid holidays do you have? I probably need to factor in payroll services as well. Does anyone know how much t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you calculate an overhead rate for a small surveying business?

Well... I'm not, but that is the going rate around here plus or minus $2-$3 per hour with sketchy benefits. Yeah, I know it should be better, but thos...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you calculate an overhead rate for a small surveying business?

OK, here is my first stab at modeling a typical small survey office with one 2-man crew and one CAD tech in my area. I did the best with making my num...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey deed and physical stakes don't match

Bill93, post: 343478, member: 87 wrote: I would think that a professional surveyor who did a real survey would answer your questions as to why there a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey deed and physical stakes don't match

I would present these questions to your surveyor who is familiar with the parcel.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting started with Least Squares

The fact of the matter is that there is no objective way to test that you have achieved the ALTA standard. Different LSA programs have different appro...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: So, Is STAR*NET the best adjustment package ever?

It turned out to be some missing occupation (OC) records. Apparently SurvNET doesn't mind them being missing, but STAR*NET needs them for the conversi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The Beginning of the End of Licensure?

They tried doing this in Florida a few years ago. The title companies and lawyers didn't like the idea of non licensed people doing surveys. It went n...

11 years ago
Page 10 / 42