AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Bimmel
Bimmel
@bimmel
Free
Joined: January 10, 2014 7:09 pm
Last seen: January 8, 2026 10:55 am
Topics: 4 / Replies: 33
Reply
RE: Using a drone to produce Orthophotography for a municipality?

Sounds a bit like cleaning the floor with a toothbrush. Possible yes. Practical no.?ÿ Not to mention the FAA rules about flying over people and cars ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Center of Rail

So the rail I am measuring is not typical in that they are over a 100 feet apart. The trimble stuff looks great for when there are two tracks but may ...

7 years ago
Topic
7 years ago
Replies: 11
Views: 1454
Reply
RE: Drone Trespassing lawsuit in WA

I did not know that I could make up a reason to have a "no drone zone" around my house.?ÿ On the matter of airspace trespass I went to Jeff Lucas semi...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Remote Sensing

The American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing defines it as: "Remote Sensing techniques are used to gather and process information about ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Best way to survey this?

Use the prism housing as an offset. Lean the prism until it touches the wall/building and use an offset out/left or right. If you are not exactly at r...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Battery Powered Rotohammer

I just bought a hilti TE-A22 and could not be happier. Expensive but you get what you pay for. I can't imagine that it would not drill solid rock. It ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: I don't think ANYBODY should be allowed to get a surveyors license

If you want people trained on the current technology at colleges it is very expensive. The equipment manufacturer typically has to donate equipment to...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I don't think ANYBODY should be allowed to get a surveyors license

RSAsurv, post: 385931, member: 10950 wrote: The issue is that even now, having been a registered survey tech, worked alongside other surveyors with be...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I don't think ANYBODY should be allowed to get a surveyors license

I have to laugh when I hear the "you can't replace experience" argument as a slight towards college degree programs and students. Having met "experien...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Training Preference: Civil 3D or TBC

I have to second the TBC training route. There is so much material for civil3d available online, through coworkers, books, etc jim.cox, post: 382733, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost section corner on sectional correction line

MightyMoe, post: 369359, member: 700 wrote: MOST sectional correction lines I see were set during a resurvey, the Independent type. I know of at least...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost section corner on sectional correction line

I had to use the manual to remember what a sectional correction line is. :pinch: Looks like the answer is single proportion. A correction line only pl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost section corner on sectional correction line

What were the answers besides singe or double proportion? Seems to me like the question was not worded very well. You do not establish corners "on" a ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Cursive writing & Land Surveyors

Well... Unfortunately cursive does not fit into the modern day computer age and that is not changing anytime soon. It has left basic English learning...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Number of people sitting for PS Exam

I always find this topic interesting and there are a lot of good points. Does anyone have a list of the states that require a 4 year degree for licen...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Shortcomings in our profession?

Or were you thinking more along the lines of needing to leave your home State in order to receive the educational training required to become licensed...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Splash One Drone

Forget the drone mapping buiness... Get into the anti-drone business.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Exploding blocks in Autocad LT 2010

I have not used a autocad light in a while but going on a hunch. There is a property that can be applied to blocks making them explodable or not. Go ...

11 years ago
Page 1 / 2