AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 27, 2026 5:17 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

The concept of non-recording states still boggles my mind.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting piece from Wyoming FYI

The article says it was knocked down and rebuilt. If there were no accurate reference ties then the position is officially destroyed, not just "pres...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: SURVEYOR'S WANTED IN NYC/LI/WESTCHESTER AREA

I noticed that, too, but you should probably identify yourself as the spelling police to make it clear to all readers what the point was.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Pics from the field...(sort of)

Can you explain a bit more about what all the pointers on the displays mean? They appear fascinating with so many indications. I hope the ship has so...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm having a sale on pre-owned numbers...

I have some 'prime' merchandise I could trade you.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm having a sale on pre-owned numbers...

I see you aren't pricing them rationally.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Better control points on asphalt

So I misinterpreted your words. I thought spikes were the control points and couldn't see why they would be moving so much, but you meant spikes on t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Better control points on asphalt

Do the spikes actually move that much or is most of the problem keeping a tripod stable on the asphalt? There have been numerous suggestions for the ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NASA Surveyors Wanted

I should have said the temperature correction would be negligible. With almost no pressure, the basic speed of light would apply rather than the nomi...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NASA Surveyors Wanted

But the total air pressure on Mars is so small, about 0.6% of Earth's mean sea level pressure, that the correction would be negligible for most purpos...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with Massachusetts "Verification North Base"

The problem is that it isn't just a good mark that got destroyed. The codes say NGS doesn't have good data for this mark. I did note that going throu...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Help with Massachusetts "Verification North Base"

The problem is that it isn't just a good mark that got destroyed. The codes say NGS doesn't have good data for this mark. I did note that going throu...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Comparing Two Brickkilns

I was excited to see this article. In some ways it helps answer questions I was looking into in prior threads. Dave's information quoted by Jerry li...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RIP Aerial Flight Crew

Somewhere around here I have a picture of a badly bent single-engine plane that I had ridden in a year or so earlier. A control cable broke on takeof...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: An Uncommon Common Lot Line (at the Lake)

So the principle difference between the old survey and yours was 0.4 ft difference between the datum they used and NGVD29? One has to ponder the relat...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Corner Markers

If you can talk them out of iron above ground, my preference would be iron rods well below the surface with gray PVC capped pipe slipped over the rod ...

10 years ago
Page 334 / 501