AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: September 27, 2026 5:17 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9710
Reply
RE: The world stops if your not there.

John Giles, post: 382393, member: 57 wrote: would be there a few days a week and get paid for 40 hours regardless if I was there or not. That's a ba...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: When is an instrument better that 5" needed

Least count may be better than specified accuracy.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: We're getting a new Chairlift!

What are the tolerances for the job? 1000 * tan(5 seconds) = 0.024 and that can be improved by averaging.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Where the Four Counties Collided (Texas)

Holy Cow, post: 381854, member: 50 wrote: a jillion county corners fall at section corners common to four sections. Yes, there are oddball exceptions,...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Surveyor walking around looking at the ground...

That's the place. From there, you see some of the brightest colors and strangest formations of anyplace on our trip. I was surprised how cold it was...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Surveyor walking around looking at the ground...

This one was in Grand Canyon National Park, at the village near where you can change between the eastern and western shuttle loops. It would appear t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Surveyor walking around looking at the ground...

I snapped this township corner at a lookout point in Bryce National Park when we were there in May. I have to wonder whether the surveyor really measu...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GEB221 batteries

I have a preference for Interstate brand. I've gotten outstanding life from their car batteries, but can't say I've used enough sealed lead acid batt...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

Robert Hill, post: 381297, member: 378 wrote: maybe it works for you particularly if you are in a later Public Land Survey State or a state that secti...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Starting up questions

If the LLC doesn't pay tax, aren't distributions to you still subject to similar income tax rates?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Records and Ethics

Robert Hill, post: 380713, member: 378 wrote: Why should a survey for a private citizen be reviewed I favor recording, but not content review by some...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: "Suitable instruments for this kind of work" (1885)

Kent McMillan, post: 380555, member: 3 wrote: credits the C&GS as the originator of the chiseled station mark I've seen other examples and think ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying o'Limpics

Kent McMillan, post: 380501, member: 3 wrote: the Chaining With a Screwdriver events? Is that what's used down there? I understand that in Colorad...

10 years ago
Page 333 / 501