AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: More GIS fun

You should get to work revising your survey to match the GIS. 😉

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The GIS Gift that Keeps on Giving

I emailed the GIS Department, told them the problem and asked for their surveyor to contact me so we could resolve the conflict.I also pulled the adjo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The GIS Gift that Keeps on Giving

The datum is the same. Their belief of where the boundary lies and even the shape of the boundary is different than my survey. Their GIS says there is...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The GIS Gift that Keeps on Giving

Yeah, no. What Kent said. This has nothing to do with transformation. It's felony abuse of GIS.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The GIS Gift that Keeps on Giving

Sec 12 B 56 T 2.I happened to be talking to Bill O'Hara when I received the email. We discussed my construction of the section and he took no issue. I...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The GIS Gift that Keeps on Giving

I've got the guy's name but not sure if I can find him before end of business.On an aside, I'm working with Laurel at the GLO on some correspondence f...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 31
Views: 1837
Reply
RE: Ding Ding (Email)

Is it just Monday or April 1 redux?Yes, you're right. I tend to be longwinded on first draft. That's the way my feeble mind works. If I leave it overn...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ding Ding (Email)

Thanks Glenn. I had to edit the messages before I sent them. The second one I changed "cartoon" to "rough sketch". On the first one I took out "If you...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ding Ding (Email)

Is it just Monday or April 1 redux?My second reply was:I’m not sure how to respond to it any better than I already did.To directly and succinctly answ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ding Ding (Email)

Is it just Monday or April 1 redux?Their reply just popped up in the email. Apparently my first reply was not sufficient. |-) Here was my initial repl...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ding Ding (Email)

They are using the Original Texas Land Survey (OTLS) Shapefile that has been discussed around here before. It is based on scanned, 1"=4000 varas (1"~1...

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 28
Views: 753
Reply
RE: Ebay items

That looks like a nice 3" gun. But, I was looking at the manual online and I am wondering if you are selling the tripod with it? If so, do you have t...

11 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: North Dakota Deeds

Yeah, actually I had an NDRIN account and I thought I was finished with this project. I wasn't anticipating any additional work in North Dakota so I c...

11 years ago
Reply
11 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll

In Texas8.25% on boundary related surveys0 for topographic/construction surveys

11 years ago
Reply
RE: North Dakota Deeds

No. I'm going to base my survey on section monuments I found. I just need the recording information to show on the plat and to verify that it is an (i...

11 years ago
Page 47 / 102