AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Is it just me?

Holy Cow, post: 328611, member: 50 wrote: OMG, Mr. Fleming! What did you do to bring on this result? "Last edited by a moderator: Today at 5:01 PM" A...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Locator Suggestions

I have been contemplating a new locator. Maybe the local supply shop has a subsurface I can demo. Otherwise I like the good old schonstedt. If I buy a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Parol Testimony

Holy Cow, post: 328135, member: 50 wrote: A bit of history from one of the boards that came before this one. We had a regular participant who identif...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

BobKrohn, post: 327519, member: 6827 wrote: I recommended that method on this thread back on March 5.Use CorpsCon to get SPCS coordinates from LatLon....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What are you reading?

AS is the only one I'm reading lately.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

MightyMoe, post: 327483, member: 700 wrote: Andy, what program are you using? If it's trimble there is a very simple routine that does exactly what yo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

I will fess up that it was Kent who turned the light bulb on about my azimuth problem after discussing it on Facebook.

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 955
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

I found out why FORWARD was not working for me. I had calculated the azimuth incorrectly. And, I have to correct my comment to FrozenNorth about conve...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

John Hamilton, post: 327456, member: 640 wrote: Andy: Hardly wrong at all, maybe a matter of how I phrased it, maybe I should have left out the word "...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

FrozenNorth, post: 327454, member: 10219 wrote: Andy, you've got this thing mostly right. I'm a little shocked at all the bad advice you're getting. E...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

Loyal, post: 327320, member: 228 wrote: How about... Forward azimuth FAZ = 89 58 22.5267 From North Back azimuth BAZ = 270 1 37.4733 From No...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

John Hamilton, post: 327331, member: 640 wrote: Absolutely the convergence of the meridians enters into this. If you were going due north or due south...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

Kevin Samuel, post: 327418, member: 96 wrote: This is the key phrase to keep in mind. I agree with John. Staying on a constant latitude is one thing, ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

John Hamilton, post: 327411, member: 640 wrote: What projection? I am talking about latitude/longitude. The only line you can go on a constant bearing...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

Today's reading of the most high Manual comes from the Book of Large Scale Cadastral Surveys, Chapter 2, Verse 11: [INDENT=1]By statute, in PLSSia. a ...

11 years ago
Page 43 / 102