AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

And for your enjoyment, a quick sketch of the particular block I am working on. Block 55, Twp. 1 & 2, T&P Ry Co Survey.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

No, the court order says how to reconstruct. The original surveyor was substantially lacking in his field work. Not saying it was an office survey, bu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

Come on, Paden. We've already established what I am trying to do and it looks like Page 129. I'm not doing local east or east bearing. I need to calcu...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

I always thought East was perpendicular to North and by definition has to be an arc. I'm having a hard time believing that a line of latitude is not c...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

The instructions for my reconstruction are to set block corners at 6 miles on the arc. The section corners inbetween are set on straight lines between...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

The only thing I don't understand is why my Latitude is slipping. I thought that if you start out on a given latitude and head due east, your latitude...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

And, the NGS program matches what I had previously calculated within 0.08' which I will attribute to a difference in rounding. Thanks again, Bill.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

Thank you, I will look at that. I used the above formula to calculate a point and then checked it against Paden's cookbook link. My point was with 0.4...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment Bargain?

JPH, it was on their specials page but I did realize it was a mistake. I have advised them of the errors that I found, recommended they add a terms an...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Calc points on Latitude

I think this is the formula that I actually needed. Given a known point, in this case a found monument, heading due east for six sections. ì 2 = asin(...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment Bargain?

They removed the total station finally but the Spectra Precision Digi Rod is still available for a great price.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment Bargain?

Oh, I wrote the wrong supplier name. It was Allen Instrument Company, not Allen Precision. My mistake. And as of a few minutes ago, the mistake is STI...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 1172
Reply
RE: A Possible Suggestion for Javad

Yeah, the website was not something I wanted to spend much time with. Way too busy and not friendly to people unfamiliar with javad lingo.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ohio High Point

jerry m. davis, post: 326396, member: 417 wrote: They always had all six of those pusher engines running for take off. Very seldom were all six props ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Ohio High Point

jerry m. davis, post: 325906, member: 417 wrote: The B-36 aircraft came over on temporary duty tours of 90 days out of the Air Base at Fort Worth. We ...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 547
Reply
RE: Multiple choice section lines

Would it help or confuse things to show both the "Highway Department Section Line" and "Monumented Section Line" or some labels to that affect to show...

11 years ago
Page 44 / 102