AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 1
Views: 458
Reply
RE: You have mail!

I also change facts to disguise the true identity of certain scenarios I have posted here. But I do not hide behind a pseudonym and I wish to be able ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Whatcha doin', Mister?

Me too. Plenty of Best of Paul to be heard.[MEDIA=youtube]MEW2fWO7dgM[/MEDIA]

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Understanding the Compass

In Kent's example I was trying to figure out how the original mounds were set and how accurate they would be but I suppose that doesn't really matter....

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Another thing surveyors do.

Maybe a good product would be total station with a high power laser that you could singe a line through the grass and paving. Kind of like Less Nessma...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: minimum RR curve radius

We have an unspiraled curve on the street railway in Dallas and if you hit it too fast it will throw you out of your seat. The modern switches that we...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: question concerning LSIT

Mark Mayer, post: 353338, member: 424 wrote: The Fundamentals of Surveying is a national test - the same nationwide. Except Texas, I think. NCEES FS...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Carrying the Instrument

R.J. Schneider, post: 352939, member: 409 wrote: Texas recently passed the Open Carry law, which means we don't have to box the instrument anymore. L...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you think this says?

OK. I learned a new old word today. Thanks.I get the mental image of the survey crew getting stuck with the old horse drawn survey chariot that's fall...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Carrying the Instrument

Yeah, you could kick it down the road if you paid for it. But if you're on my crew.... carry it by the handle for very short distances or box it for l...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 1139
Reply
RE: Interesting request...

paden cash, post: 351704, member: 20 wrote: Some years ago we were asked to quote a topo survey for the alley at the Oklahoma City Federal Reserve Ban...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Today's laugh...

Ask him if he wants fries with those ALTA changes.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Aliens can become Nebraska surveyors

summerprophet, post: 351507, member: 8874 wrote: Does anyone on this board feel I am under-qualified or shouldn't be allowed to practice land surveyin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Something happening here

I know the who what when where and why. I will add to the details when it is appropriate.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Something happening here

There's something happening hereBut what it is ain't exactly clearThere's a man with a gun (total station) over thereTelling me I got to beware I thin...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Aliens can become Nebraska surveyors

Well, what does "aliens" mean in the context of the above posted article? Are they talking about persons from outside the U.S. or just people who resi...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Crazy County Clerk?

Any laws about the clerk's duty to file?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Something happening here

Bill93, post: 350966, member: 87 wrote: Look at it this way - he just assumed your liability for them, at no cost to you.There's a lot more to the sto...

11 years ago
Page 38 / 102