AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Texas Punishes Violators for failure to note ID caps on plat/description

I think I would use the phrase lawyer proofing or weasel proofing. For purposes of enforcement against those who strive to do the least possible and w...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Correct way to close a traverse

Wouldn't the exact procedure depend on what your data collector software requires?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: lost post

I'd think that it is. Has happened to me way to many times on other sites. For lengthy, important posts, I've taken to composing in Word or another pr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Historical Aerial Photos

Sometimes I luck out with www.historicaerials.com but it's resolution and date range can be limited.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Detectable Warnings

Are we talking about detectable strips in sidewalk ramps or rumble strips in the street?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Heading to Billings for the MARLS conference.

Stephen Johnson, post: 358077, member: 53 wrote: It is about 10+ hours from where I work to where I live. Only the last two hours are in another stat...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The Mythology of Ground Coordinates

I like the second half of that middle paragraph.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: If you could tell a newbie one thing...what would it be?

Whether a form board for new construction or a title survey on an existing house, always double or triple check that you are on the right lot. I wish ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 5600

Yeah, I found the thread about the internal battery replacement too.

11 years ago
Topic
11 years ago
Replies: 9
Views: 1580
Reply
RE: Wendell needs to "rant" font so I can talk about

Rant font?!!? He doesn't need a RANT FONT. Just change your color, change your font, hit the Italics button AND THEN TYPE YOUR ENTIRE POST IN UPPERCAS...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Fossil used for Section Corner

Did you read the comments on the article?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is not a survey, please certify it.

I certainly agree with your thoughts Mr. Harris. For what it's worth, on January 12, 2016 the RRC adopted the rule that requires the plat for certain ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is not a survey, please certify it.

arctan(x), post: 356627, member: 6795 wrote: Any chance you could share the language used? I've been asked to certify a lease plat and I haven't actua...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is not a survey, please certify it.

MightyMoe, post: 356628, member: 700 wrote: It's only boundaries that get signed? That isn't the case everywhere Yeah, I don't think I have ever ce...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: This is not a survey, please certify it.

My point is specifically that the board considers your signature as acknowledgment that you have met the minimum technical standards for a boundary su...

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 2029
Reply
RE: North Dakota Surveyor Needed

Thanks for the replies, all. I think I've got the help lined up. That and I noticed I misspelled site in the OP. Sigh.

11 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 988
Reply
RE: MEPSI Monument

The field crew finally sent a picture. I'm a little mad that I didn't get it before I started analyzing the boundary. But, thankfully, I didn't hold...

11 years ago
Page 37 / 102