AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Andy Nold
Andy Nold
@andy-nold
Member Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 8:45 am
Last seen: September 9, 2026 9:11 pm
Topics: 278 / Replies: 1755
Reply
RE: Can't take the heat? Stay out of the field

I've been riding my mountain bike from my apartment to the office and back. Thankfully my commute is about 490 feet from front door to front door. It'...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas GLO GIS Map - Bad Map Graphics

Which base map are you using? streets, topo, aerial?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas GLO GIS Map - Bad Map Graphics

I've been using it this morning and no problems like you describe.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NASA Surveyors Wanted

I still haven't gotten approval on my comity application. Their office never seems to answer the phone either.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Texas RR Commission Original Survey Boundaries

I think I've had 3 or 4 "problem letters" from the RRC this year informing me that my well location plat was too close to the section line or in the w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 1904 Office Survey

I think the described intent is sufficient to establish the boundary. Not a description I would ever sign, though.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: An Uncommon Common Lot Line (at the Lake)

Well, I assumed the extended property line would stop at the correct elevation contour. Beyond that it would be a matter of access across lake propert...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: An Uncommon Common Lot Line (at the Lake)

Kent McMillan, post: 378647, member: 3 wrote: Note that one feature of the subdivision scheme is the easement across Lot 5 on the resub plat labeled "...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: An Uncommon Common Lot Line (at the Lake)

I would think pro-rated frontage would apply, but that is what we used to deal with movement of the Pecos River several hundred feet away from it's lo...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Too Much Research?

The first map predates Fraunces Tavern on the corner of the ditch (Broad Street) and Hoogh Straet.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: colorado pls - remote testing

This is new and part of the movement to computer based testing. Also, the ability to take the test any time during the year instead of just April and ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Texas Corner-Lavaca County

Corrected field notes start on page 22. I couldn't guess what type of material his stake is. Hopefully he selected a durable species like bois d'arc. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Texas Corner-Lavaca County

Do you have the abstract number? I don't have any experience in Lavaca County, but I'd love to check out the field notes. I think that Holy Cow's Hisp...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Recordkeeping (or not) in the 21st Century

Kent McMillan, post: 377080, member: 3 wrote: The Dallas County Clerk evidently decided to just send them over to the public library where they are i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Pincushion

Block 119, GC&SF Ry Co Sur., Pecos Co. Tx. A few miles north of Fort Stockton. I think I have arrived at a reasonable boundary reconstruction but ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Pincushion

Kent McMillan, post: 377399, member: 3 wrote: In Pecos and Terrell Counties, the number of inscribed rocks seems to have gone up after the railroads a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Pincushion

The two called for set stones are as described but I can't suppose whether they are original to Durrell or upgrades by later surveyors. I have a line ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Pincushion

Kent McMillan, post: 377279, member: 3 wrote: It would be interesting to know when the various markers were set and by whom. In particular, how was th...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: West Texas Pincushion

dmyhill, post: 377232, member: 1137 wrote: No dimple. If you look at the second picture, you'll see a closeup of the "+" scratched on the top edge of...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 1321
Page 33 / 102