Trimble Business Center — Stop stitching software together. Start free trial.

AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all

FAA Part 107 - Remote Pilot Airman Certificate Training

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Reactions
1,227 Views
bow-tie-surveyor
(@bow-tie-surveyor)
Posts: 821
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Has anyone out there gone through a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate training program to prep for the exam? Looking for recommendations.


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 5:39 pm
rfc
 rfc
(@rfc)
Posts: 1966
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 410417, member: 6939 wrote: Has anyone out there gone through a Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate training program to prep for the exam? Looking for recommendations.

Are you already a Part 61 pilot already? If so, the rules are different. You'll probably want to find the nearest "FAA-approved knowledge testing center"...there are over 70 of them in Florida. What city/town are you near?
Also, on this page, there are a number of PDF files shown that would be an excellent place to start.
https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/fly_for_work_business/becoming_a_pilot/


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 6:40 pm
TXSurveyor
(@txsurveyor)
Posts: 359
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Drone pilot ground school is what we used. A lot of good info and no problems passing the test


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 6:40 pm
bow-tie-surveyor
(@bow-tie-surveyor)
Posts: 821
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

rfc, post: 410422, member: 8882 wrote: Are you already a Part 61 pilot already? If so, the rules are different. You'll probably want to find the nearest "FAA-approved knowledge testing center"...there are over 70 of them in Florida. What city/town are you near?

I am not a pilot and I did notice that I do have a testing center in my city. I'm just looking for exam prep.


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 6:43 pm
stephen-ward
(@stephen-ward)
Posts: 2244
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Any private pilot ground school would give you 90% of what you need. A bit of studying for the rest and you'll do fine.


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 6:51 pm

gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I paid $99 for https://remotepilot101.com/
I spent an easy weekend taking the webinar and passed the test on Monday.

Gregg


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 6:53 pm
rfc
 rfc
(@rfc)
Posts: 1966
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 410424, member: 6939 wrote: I am not a pilot and I did notice that I do have a testing center in my city. I'm just looking for exam prep.

Then I'd start with the Knowledge Test Study Guide...it's the third item in the list of the link noted above.


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 7:06 pm
vplayer
(@vplayer)
Posts: 30
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I passed the exam back in Sept. I attended a seminar and they barely covered what came in the exam. Download this app: Prepware Remote Pilot. The app covers everything from regulations, national airspace system, to weather and sUAS operations. I only studied for regulations and national airspace system and got an 80%, but I suggest you study everything that Prepware covers. Good luck.


 
Posted : January 22, 2017 7:25 pm
dcn
 dcn
(@david-c-newell-rpls-ls-cfm)
Posts: 142
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I used Gold Seal.
http://www.uavgroundschool.com/uav-pilot-courses


 
Posted : January 23, 2017 8:11 am
geopro_consultants
(@geopro_consultants)
Posts: 72
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

GMPLS, post: 410426, member: 8404 wrote: I passed the test on Monday.

Have you used the certification to fly commercially yet?


 
Posted : February 1, 2017 10:53 pm

gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Sort of but not really. I made a real estate video that I gave to a realtor friend as a marketing tool. Other than that, my surveying related work has just been for practice. My town is within 5 miles of an airport though so I figure it's nice to have when operating in that area.


 
Posted : February 2, 2017 5:02 am
FL/GA PLS
(@flga-pls)
Posts: 7403
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

GMPLS, post: 412047, member: 8404 wrote: Sort of but not really. I made a real estate video that I gave to a realtor friend as a marketing tool

I have fooled around with ‰ÛÏtoy‰Û drones such as ‰ÛÏParrot‰Û. Currently looking at Phantom 3 or 4 so as to take videos of newly developed subdivisions for the client‰Ûªs sales team.
What kind of drone do you use? I only plan on aerial video and photography, not topos etc.
Any recommendations from anybody?
TIA


 
Posted : February 2, 2017 6:02 am
eddycreek
(@eddycreek)
Posts: 1039
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

FL/GA PLS., post: 412049, member: 379 wrote: I have fooled around with ‰ÛÏtoy‰Û drones such as ‰ÛÏParrot‰Û. Currently looking at Phantom 3 or 4 so as to take videos of newly developed subdivisions for the client‰Ûªs sales team.
What kind of drone do you use? I only plan on aerial video and photography, not topos etc.
Any recommendations from anybody?
TIA

I believe DJI has stopped making the standard Phantom 4. I have the 4 Pro, which has a better camera. They also have a 4 Pro + which has a built in android on the controller, but from what I hear you are better off using an ipad. A phone will work, but it's too small to be able to see much. After that, I guess you have to step up to the Inspire.


 
Posted : February 2, 2017 7:20 am
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

FL/GA PLS., post: 412049, member: 379 wrote: I have fooled around with ‰ÛÏtoy‰Û drones such as ‰ÛÏParrot‰Û. Currently looking at Phantom 3 or 4 so as to take videos of newly developed subdivisions for the client‰Ûªs sales team.
What kind of drone do you use? I only plan on aerial video and photography, not topos etc.
Any recommendations from anybody?
TIA

I have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro but I think I'd like the 4 Pro just for the better camera (there are are many other improvements besides the camera). They are very easy to fly and shoot smooth professional looking video with. Be aware that you'll need a pretty fast computer to process the high quality video they create.


 
Posted : February 2, 2017 7:33 am
Thad
 Thad
(@thad)
Posts: 396
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

I use an Inspire1 and works great. I just donated another Inspire1for a silent auction this Saturday. I can get the information if interested. The donation is an all together package with a total value of $5000


 
Posted : February 2, 2017 3:27 pm

makerofmaps
(@makerofmaps)
Posts: 560
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Here is a good faa course for free. This course assumes you are a pilot so it doesn't teach about maps, weather or flight restrictions. https://www.faasafety.gov/gslac/ALC/course_content.aspx?cID=451&sID=735&crID=1613739


 
Posted : February 3, 2017 9:09 am
makerofmaps
(@makerofmaps)
Posts: 560
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Here is a free one that just went up by 3dr https://3dr.com/faa/


 
Posted : February 3, 2017 12:23 pm
bow-tie-surveyor
(@bow-tie-surveyor)
Posts: 821
Free
Topic starter
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

GMPLS, post: 410426, member: 8404 wrote: I paid $99 for https://remotepilot101.com/
I spent an easy weekend taking the webinar and passed the test on Monday.

Gregg

OK, I am back from taking my FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot exam and passed with a 93.

I went with https://remotepilot101.com/&apos ;">Remote Pilot 101 for my training. Their prices have gone up to $149 for lifetime access, but I count it as well worth it. What was better was that I found out that the guy who runs it is in my home town a few miles away from my house (small world). However, It was far more than an "easy weekend" watching a webinar. It took me about 5 days to get through all of the videos and I took almost 40 pages of notes. Its a pretty comprehensive course and I can tell he adds to it periodically based on customer feedback of what's on the exam.


 
Posted : February 24, 2017 7:41 am
gmpls
(@gmpls)
Posts: 464
Free
Translate ▼
English
Spanish
French
German
Italian
Portuguese
Russian
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Arabic
Hindi
Dutch
Polish
Turkish
Vietnamese
Thai
Swedish
Danish
Finnish
Norwegian
Czech
Hungarian
Romanian
Greek
Hebrew
Indonesian
Malay
Ukrainian
Bulgarian
Croatian
Slovak
Slovenian
Serbian
Lithuanian
Latvian
Estonian
 

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 415707, member: 6939 wrote: OK, I am back from taking my FAA Part 107 Remote Pilot exam and passed with a 93.

I went with https://remotepilot101.com/&apos ;">Remote Pilot 101 for my training. Their prices have gone up to $149 for lifetime access, but I count it as well worth it. What was better was that I found out that the guy who runs it is in my home town a few miles away from my house (small world). However, It was far more than an "easy weekend" watching a webinar. It took me about 5 days to get through all of the videos and I took almost 40 pages of notes. Its a pretty comprehensive course and I can tell he adds to it periodically based on customer feedback of what's on the exam.

Yes, I get updates from him often.

Congratulations on passing.


 
Posted : February 24, 2017 9:03 am