AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
makerofmaps
makerofmaps
@makerofmaps
Free
Joined: September 3, 2014 10:27 am
Last seen: August 10, 2026 11:44 am
Topics: 106 / Replies: 454
Reply
RE: Man sues NC Survey Board after being issued cease and desist for flying drone

Well the US Supreme Court declined to hear 360 Virtual Drone Services, LLC v. Ritter So, the Court of appeals case holds. No go out at make so...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Starlink update

I've got a mini. I am still amazed at the speeds when driving in the mountains. My wife and daughter were both streaming movies with zero problems.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Fibonacci Sequence

I like the Martingale strategy myself.

7 months ago
Reply
RE: C3D 2026

On 2024 probably won't upgrade to 2026 until summer or later if we are lucky.

10 months ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 1784
Reply
RE: Introducing a new business directory for Land Surveyors in the U.S.

What about a goverment contact section? I am one of the only survey contacts in seven states for our agency for reservoirs and transmission easements....

1 year ago
Reply
RE: 100 year flood

The official answer would be to determine your 100 year elevation (1% change of flooding annually)from the Flood Insurance Study(FIS) Profile. One fun...

1 year ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1990
Reply
RE: Railroad Survey Advice

Also with the Val Maps there is an associated "Land Schedule" These will list the Deed Book and Page on how the right-of-way was obtained for each tra...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Notes from the Virgin Islands

Wow. This is amazing. I get the paper emailed but must have missed those reports. What a total conflict of interest. I wonder if these guys can help w...

1 year ago
Topic
2 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 1578
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1189
Reply
RE: Railroad "Val Maps", what map projection are they drawn to?

I would put all the ones in Tennessee to TN 83 2011 and then send me the link lol. But you can get the ones for Tennessee here: Somewhere I would like...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: GEODNET

Thanks for the info.

3 years ago
Topic
3 years ago
Replies: 12
Views: 5600
Reply
3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from Tallahassee

@spatialwerks I went to High School there and used to work for the County for a few years.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New FEMA Elevation Certificate

In a FEMA webinar today and someone from FEMA in the chat said they will release a version without instructions, after they fix the problems with the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: New FEMA Elevation Certificate

I tried but I only have acrobat pro. Looked on the FEMA website as well. They used to have them without instructions and also in word format.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Opening DWG files with Civil 3D

I have to first open a blank drawing in Civil3d then set our custom profile and then I just drag the file in from the start page. The IT gurus won't l...

3 years ago
Page 1 / 28