AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
gmpls
gmpls
@gmpls
Free
Joined: February 7, 2014 9:45 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 5:04 pm
Topics: 38 / Replies: 426
Reply
RE: Words I’ve learned from reading old deeds.

@james-vianna I almost added that to this post a few months ago. I saw a reference to a barway on a state map from around 1900 in Johnsburg. The loca...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Canon imagePROGRAF Feedback Request

I had an ipf670e that worked pretty well for 7 years until it stopped printing some images in CAD files (location maps). I gave it to a friend of mine...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 821
Reply
RE: Help opus

Have you tried checking the "suppress kinematic records" and "suppress marker number records" options (In the Tools menu) when/if processing the files...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: State GeoTIFF and Lidar Data

I like to create a geotiff out of the DEMs available online here in New York. Stone walls and other occupation lines show up nicely and are usually ac...

3 years ago
Reply
3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Books by John Keen

Hi Jake, I'd like a copy of Who's pulling your chain and how to run a survey business. Gregg

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Land surveying law - John keen

What other titles from Mr. Keen do you have?

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Pipe/Rebar Plugs

I have caps from Bathy Survey Markers. They fit on a 5/8" rebar or inside a 1" pipe. Their laser marked caps sound like what you want and they're reas...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

"Not to beat a dead horse, but emailing pdfs to Kinkos to be printed is an option if you must have paper. There is always a way." I understand what yo...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

I guess it depends on your clients. About 75% of my work is residential or rural and I always prepare paper copies.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the up front investment.

I started out solo in 2017. I already had a truck, tripods, old laptop with Civil 3D, metal detector, machete, and Trimble 5800 gps. Everything was pa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: "Unable to get a distance measurement" - Survey Pro error with Trimble S5

It's been awhile since I used that collector/software but I would first try to pull the battery and leave it out for at least 5 or 10 minutes and then...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC RW5 info

Have you looked at the csv export options? I know you can export a csv with pdop, hdop and other similar rtk info for each point. Maybe you can find w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Just another pincushion

That's a nice looking stone. I'm guessing that the rebar guy did not find it due to environmental conditions or errors in the original measurements. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Lidar Surveying

I have had good luck with Virtual Surveyor for extracting elevation data to be imported into CAD. You start by importing a point cloud or DEM (and ort...

3 years ago
Reply
3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer)

Thanks for the reminder Wendell. I'm fair complected and go to the dermatologist every year and get something or other frozen off. I try to remember t...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 24