AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
rfc
rfc
@rfc
Free
Joined: July 4, 2014 1:48 pm
Last seen: August 27, 2026 4:48 pm
Topics: 305 / Replies: 1661
Reply
RE: Good place in New England to rent a Schonstedt?

I borrowed a pretty nice one from a friend. No dice. I think the wire's too deep. Leaning back in the direction of hiring someone lol. Either that or ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Good place in New England to rent a Schonstedt?

That makes sense. Haven't found one to rent yet though. The wires are about 36" deep. The thought occurred to me though: the wires are in the same tre...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Good place in New England to rent a Schonstedt?

Oops. I just read the notes on the Schonstedt: "No response from Aluminum, brass or copper. The wire is aluminum. I guess my Grasshopper status is sti...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Good place in New England to rent a Schonstedt?

Thank you. I'll check them both out on Monday.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Good place in New England to rent a Schonstedt?

.Yes; no dice. Part of this is getting experience using one so I’m not inclined to hire someone.

6 months ago
Topic
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

@john-putnam Thank you so much for taking time to explain what is probably GNSS 101 information. I'm learning the limits of "book knowledge" (Ghilani ...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

Thanks! Part of it's for sale! Lord willing, I'll be losing 2/3rds of my "learning grounds". 34 Midsomer Meadows Ln, Woodstock, VT 05091 | Homes.com...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

Thank you Sir! Do I understand correctly that there is a difference between storing the m00 files in the base's memory and storing them on the sd ca...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

Well, that’s disappointing about point 100. but can you tell me the imu tilt and on/off info for points 1 and 2? I see 1,2 and 4 in the list. I’m...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

Point 100 is the only point I’m interested in. It was the base he used for the survey. The other points look like the corners of the property. i tho...

9 months ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 1536
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

Of course I couldn't resist trying OPUS myself. It took about 30 seconds to fail miserably. OPUS needs RINEX, not .m00's. Next step: learn how to conv...

9 months ago
Reply
9 months ago
Reply
RE: A few basic RTK questions

At long last I roped my surveyor into a meeting to go over all the questions I've been asking. Most important, he shared both all the files from his d...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Star*net question: horizontal errors caused by vertical mistakes?

Ugh. This may be too much work. Most all of my data types are either M or DV. I see that M can be 2D or 3D; I could just edit out the HI/HT at the end...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

Point of clarification please: Way back in the beginning, you presented coordinate points and a plat showing my survey both translated and rotated. ...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

Good catch Sir. Changed that. Also, I changed the titles "Northing" and "Easting", but the coordinate numbers are all the same. Not sure how you are m...

10 months ago
Reply
RE: Comparing two surveys

Argh! Yes..I think so. Northings should be in the 428,xxx realm; Eastings in the 1,618,xxx realm. I've got that mixed up. Also, I believe I need to ...

10 months ago
Page 1 / 99