AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Williwaw
Williwaw
@williwaw
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2012 5:31 pm
Last seen: October 7, 2026 9:50 pm
Topics: 281 / Replies: 3374
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

I'll take that under advisement. One of the big adjustments for me going back to work for government, has been the utter futility of trying to work ef...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

Government work. If it buys me a few more minutes outside before I have to return to my office in the catacombs, I'm really okay with it, but your poi...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

Interesting timing as I have on my plate about a dozen or so lakes where I'm at that I've been tasked to develop a water level monitoring plan for. Th...

1 month ago
Reply
2 months ago
Reply
RE: Question about RTN Field Procedure

That is really sketchy. Just be glad it's not your name on it at the end of the day. I don't think I would be able to hold back on saying something to...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Disturbing a boundary stone is more than just a lifetime of punishment.

I've run into some of those undead creatures but I just assumed they were meth heads. Now I know.

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's talk about it: RPLS going member-supported. 💬

Well, thanks for keeping the bar low for me Wendell.  

2 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's talk about it: RPLS going member-supported. 💬

Somehow being labeled a 'founder', feels like a bit of a fraud. Just riding on the coattails of a lot of smarter, more experience and better looking s...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: How do you check a rebuilt plat someone hands you?

It's really not all that hard to inverse around a drawing and compare inverses with the record and if something's wonky, start tugging at the thread. ...

2 months ago
Reply
RE: GLO BLM Website

maybe helpful, maybe not.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

Devil is in the details. I'd want to make certain I had a good handle on the descriptions and title for the two parcels, any adjoiners and the nature ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

I use to think getting fired was the worse thing that could happen to me, until the time came when I was pressured to do work I considered unethical f...

3 months ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 1282
Reply
RE: 0.004

When the platting tech reviewing your plat comes back and says your boundary doesn't close, by 0.004', or less than the width of the dimple, what are...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Numbers

Being a Big Bang Theory fan I've got to go with 73, which is the 21st prime number and it's reverse 37 is the 12th prime number. In binary code it's w...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

Amen to that. I was able with that database of past work to drop in just about anywhere with search coordinates dialed in to within 1-2' before even h...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

@mightymoe I did hundreds if not thousands of those when I took over at my last utility job. The gentleman I took over for did everything 5000,5000 an...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Another scale factor discussion

Seems to be a standard practice to scale SP to ground, rotate everything to some BOB, truncate nothing, document nothing, localize, localize and loca...

4 months ago
Reply
RE: Starlink update

Interesting article in the WP this morning regarding Starlink. SpaceX going public here shortly, anybody have any thoughts on that? Seems they have th...

4 months ago
Page 2 / 183