AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Williwaw
Williwaw
@williwaw
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2012 5:31 pm
Last seen: October 7, 2026 9:50 pm
Topics: 281 / Replies: 3374
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

That pretty well sums it up. It comes down to the people requesting surveys, having little understanding of what they’re asking for and contractors wi...

10 hours ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

You’re absolutely correct. I’m trying to remedy that by educating the people here on what they need to ask for because relying on a contractor to do t...

12 hours ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

@john-putnam That’s a really good question. Based on what I’ve seen so far, I’m not holding breath. Nobody there understands any of it and prevailing ...

14 hours ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

Yea… I don’t really want to but I need to have a conversation with him about it. I have a bunch more that he did that are similarly goobered up.

1 day ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

Well I got a copy of the OPUS solution that the other surveyor did to get an elevation that I’ve been trying to validate, and it explained everything ...

1 day ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

Later this week my plan is to use three receivers to do a simultaneous 4 hour plus cook on the two points giving me fits with the third on a NGS contr...

2 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

Absolutely. Problem is finding the time and making sure I’m starting with clean data.  

4 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

I totally agree. That said if you had almost a foot of difference in elevation on the same point when measuring it by two different means and with dif...

5 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

The weirdest thing is I got a VRS solution that agrees with the 80.16’ elevation within a tenth. I usually don’t put a ton of weight behind VRS but th...

6 days ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Weirdness with Ortho Hgts

That's solid. I'll certainly do that next go around.  

6 days ago
Topic
Replies: 29
Views: 906
Reply
RE: Survey Proposal Quandary

The primary difference between talking with someone and giving them a quote and giving them a written proposal like that is you give them too much tim...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Have you ever been the one who noticed a deed was fake?

Not exactly fraud, more like a colossal mistake made by a surveyor in the early 1960's who subdivided a Gov. lake front lot. All of the original lots ...

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Not mincing words

Makes me wonder if the unit of choice for 67 was inches.

3 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

In a strange twist of fate, today I found myself surveying on the exact same piece of property I was surveying on this day exactly 25 years ago. When ...

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Where were you surveying 25 years ago 9/11?

One of those events that is forever etched in my memory. Brother called in the morning while getting ready for work and told me to turn on the televis...

4 weeks ago
Reply
RE: Now I really want one

Apparently few people know the Romans were the original inventors of the Magic 8-ball.

1 month ago
Page 1 / 183